By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Switch 1 year Anniversary thread!

Bought the Switch at launch?

Yes. 18 60.00%

No. 12 40.00%

Total:30

It's definitely been a remarkable journey filled with doubts, hopes, and satisfaction- which are still perpetuating.

I believed that the Switch would succeed since the start, though it was derailing to adhere to with all the hate it was getting online, especially that CrowbCat video, which had quickly faded into obscurity (stating it was painful launch sure was a juxtaposition to the final result, eh?)

I do really need a Direct, though. A mini direct wasn't exactly acceptable on its own, so I was hoping there would be a full Direct shortly after. Clearly wasn't the case, as it's now been a full month and three weeks since. The next Direct really needs to happen this month, and it needs to fill those holes that Nintendo have created for both the last one and developments slated last year (like FE16). I really don't want them to put everything at E3 and release it in the holidays. It's not a sensible business decision at all to have a weak first half of 2018 and expect to the next half to sell 12 million or something

Around the Network

Already a year, and hopefully another great year

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Happy Birthday Switch!

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

xMetroid said:
Honestly there is still some updates to be made but this is my favorite console from Nintendo. The OS is just so wonderful and convenient even if i mostly play on dock mode, you feel free to do wathever you want.

Yes this! Its very fast and snappy like on smartphones. A HUGE improvement to the Wii U and 3DS. 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

One of my fonder moments of the system was actually getting it. It has been a sort of dream of mine to buy a console on launch day, and the Switch seemed like a good chance to do it. So I did the crazy things people do in these situations. I did the' waiting the early morning of pre-order day' and 'waiting in front of the store several hours before the midnight launch' things. It felt silly do to, but it was a lot of fun. Other likeminded people were there, and we had our 3DSs, so we played games together and chatted about games. It was nice to chat with other fans. The staff were cool as well, bringing us donuts to enjoy while we waited. Getting the system and the big special edition box of Zelda was really exciting.

That whole process of getting the system was a bit tiring, but a really good time. Really glad I did it

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Around the Network
Jranation said:
xMetroid said:
Honestly there is still some updates to be made but this is my favorite console from Nintendo. The OS is just so wonderful and convenient even if i mostly play on dock mode, you feel free to do wathever you want.

Yes this! Its very fast and snappy like on smartphones. A HUGE improvement to the Wii U and 3DS. 

A CRAZY improvement for Nintendo consoles for sure but also one for any consoles i think. I get PS4/One have more options still but i just think the Switch is just so convenient how you can open it and play in literally 5 seconds and you can turn it off and comeback at the same exact play you were in your game in also 5 seconds. And also how fast it is to transfer from dock to portable and vice versa. 

Also i want to add, the fact my switch is opening my tv on it's own AND changing the setting of my tv to select the Switch HDMI section is crazy to me. Like i can just sit and open the Switch with the pro controller and everything turns on by itself lol. It's MAGIC :3

xMetroid said:
Jranation said:

A CRAZY improvement for Nintendo consoles for sure but also one for any consoles i think. I get PS4/One have more options still but i just think the Switch is just so convenient how you can open it and play in literally 5 seconds and you can turn it off and comeback at the same exact play you were in your game in also 5 seconds. And also how fast it is to transfer from dock to portable and vice versa. 

Also i want to add, the fact my switch is opening my tv on it's own AND changing the setting of my tv to select the Switch HDMI section is crazy to me. Like i can just sit and open the Switch with the pro controller and everything turns on by itself lol. It's MAGIC :3

Oh yeah, I love that, too.

Cloudman said:

One of my fonder moments of the system was actually getting it. It has been a sort of dream of mine to buy a console on launch day, and the Switch seemed like a good chance to do it. So I did the crazy things people do in these situations. I did the' waiting the early morning of pre-order day' and 'waiting in front of the store several hours before the midnight launch' things. It felt silly do to, but it was a lot of fun. Other likeminded people were there, and we had our 3DSs, so we played games together and chatted about games. It was nice to chat with other fans. The staff were cool as well, bringing us donuts to enjoy while we waited. Getting the system and the big special edition box of Zelda was really exciting.

That whole process of getting the system was a bit tiring, but a really good time. Really glad I did it

Getting the Switch was crazy, but I managed to preorder one and lock it down. I was like a hawk on launch day, being there earliest in the morning and even take some time off from work.

I can't believe that Breath of the Wild is already one year old! And soon it will be two years since we got to see the first gameplay videos.

Flilix said:

I can't believe that Breath of the Wild is already one year old! And soon it will be two years since we got to see the first gameplay videos.

I still watch this one every now and then. Such a good trailer.