By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Switch 1 year Anniversary thread!

Bought the Switch at launch?

Yes. 18 60.00%

No. 12 40.00%

Total:30

What a year haven't seen a better launch year yet.

Nor have I ever bought so many games in a year before. Let's see how year 2 goes!

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Got mine on launch day. I hope it serves me well for years to come.

Your thread made me get it on launch day. You made me believe.

jk

Last edited by OTBWY - on 03 March 2018

The Switch is such a turnaround for me. I was practically becoming a retro/non-gamer during 8th generation because of my disinterest in gaming. The Switch has so many good titles that I cannot keep up anymore. I expect the next few years to only get better.

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

I still haven't finished any of the games (all three) I bought for the Switch. Happy birthday, though.

Day one owner. Looks like my Zelda playtime has reset to zero hours. That sucks.

Around the Network

Honestly there is still some updates to be made but this is my favorite console from Nintendo. The OS is just so wonderful and convenient even if i mostly play on dock mode, you feel free to do wathever you want.

Games were incredibles too. Zelda Breath of the wild is probably my 2nd favorite game ever and my favoritr Zelda game. Mario odyssey is soooo good holy mama and so many more games like Mario + Rabbids, truly amazing game.

Its amazing to see Nintendo back at it. I feel like they somewhat lost inspiration with the Wii and Wii u era and were mostly trying to bring gimmick games that yes sometimes worked but a lot of franchise died during that era at cost of Wii Party and such.

I hope they will continue making such ambitious games like Botw and Odyssey, to try and recreate the spirit of certain franchise that really needs it. And also making bold moves and new IP like splatoon and Arms.

The Nintendo i like takes the risks and is successful that way. I hope they are surprising us with new games that no one believed they would be coming / coming back.

Also really curious to what the "look foward to the online" means.

Anyway, Happy Birthday Switch. It has been an incredible first year and surely the best first year of any console ever.

d21lewis said:
Day one owner. Looks like my Zelda playtime has reset to zero hours. That sucks.

Yeah they should fix that. Luckily I have my screenshots proving I put 225h in it.

Happy Birthday Switch. I really cant believe its been a year of me playing on Switch. Breath of the Wild and Odyssey were both goty worthy games, and Mariokart and splatoon are superfun too.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

RolStoppable said:
Got mine on launch day. I hope it serves me well for years to come.

I got mine in either June or July, I believe.

Had a bad experience, my switch went defective after 3 months of use. had to return it but I know have it. The portability is a huuuuuge plus and Nintendo keeps us with amazing games to date.