By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Switch 1 year Anniversary thread!

Bought the Switch at launch?

Yes. 18 60.00%

No. 12 40.00%

Total:30

I didn't get a Switch at launch; after being burned by Wii U I thought it would be another flop, so I decided not to buy one unless Nintendo could prove they had learned their lessons.

Once October rolled around and it was clear it wasn't another Wii U, I took the plunge; the next three months were a glorious orgasmic nirvana as I gorged myself on awesome game after awesome game; Splatoon 2, Doom, Mario Odyssey, Xenoblade 2...

Then 2018 rolled around, the future stretched out ahead like a barren wasteland, and my Switch has been collecting dust since January with no end in sight. :(

Around the Network
OTBWY said:
Cloudman said:

One of my fonder moments of the system was actually getting it. It has been a sort of dream of mine to buy a console on launch day, and the Switch seemed like a good chance to do it. So I did the crazy things people do in these situations. I did the' waiting the early morning of pre-order day' and 'waiting in front of the store several hours before the midnight launch' things. It felt silly do to, but it was a lot of fun. Other likeminded people were there, and we had our 3DSs, so we played games together and chatted about games. It was nice to chat with other fans. The staff were cool as well, bringing us donuts to enjoy while we waited. Getting the system and the big special edition box of Zelda was really exciting.

That whole process of getting the system was a bit tiring, but a really good time. Really glad I did it

Getting the Switch was crazy, but I managed to preorder one and lock it down. I was like a hawk on launch day, being there earliest in the morning and even take some time off from work.

Yeah, that was me when they had the Switch conference in January. The next day I was asking employees at Gamestop when they were doing pre-orders. xD

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread