By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Switch 1 year Anniversary thread!

Bought the Switch at launch?

Yes. 18 60.00%

No. 12 40.00%

Total:30

Added poll.

Around the Network

Happy birthday, amazing little console. Been playing so much of your games, and so much yet to come. Can't wait for DK.

I bought my Switch during the summer, when there was some new stock.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

GuyDuke said:
Happy birthday, amazing little console. Been playing so much of your games, and so much yet to come. Can't wait for DK.

Yeah me neither. It brings me to another topic that I want to make a thread for, which is the amount of double dipping people have done for games on their Switch.

OTBWY said:
GuyDuke said:

Yeah me neither. It brings me to another topic that I want to make a thread for, which is the amount of double dipping people have done for games on their Switch.

I must say I did a lot. It seems you rediscover them with the portability and sometimes, enhanced graphics and modes.

Around the Network

When is the next Direct? I thought for sure they would have one for their anniversary.

Got mine in April just before MK8D dropped, already have 12 games for it with Kirby soon to become the 13th. Needless to say it's my favorite system ever, but it doesn't have everything just yet! I've actually still been playing my 3DS frequently due to the Switches lack of Animal Crossing, Fire Emblem, Pokemon, n Smash, but hopefully we start to see that changing soon!

Megiddo said:
When is the next Direct? I thought for sure they would have one for their anniversary.

Somewhere between now and E3.

GuyDuke said:
OTBWY said:

I must say I did a lot. It seems you rediscover them with the portability and sometimes, enhanced graphics and modes.

Exactly that.

Got mine July last year and Mario Odyssey and Xenoblade Chronicles 2 were the highlights for me. Zelda would be there but I played it on yhe Wii U.
With some other great games like Mario + Rabbids, Golf Story, Fast RMX, Splatoon 2, Binding of Isaac and some other minor stuff it had a pretty busy year.
Great console and a big step up from the Wii U

Nintendo and PC gamer

Megiddo said:

They never make directs during the weekend. I think maybe they want to make one shortly after the anniversary so they can talk about first year numbers and such. It would really shock me if they don't tweet or announce numbers in a direct with most likely record breaking numbers after one of the most convenient milestone there is to talk about.

On top of that, we know there will be a direct before E3 like every year to announce games around the E3 period so why not doing it close to the anniversary to share numbers at the same time?

I don't know, Nintendo is so unpredictable in this Switch era every time we think we figured out their marketing plan but nope it's always unexpected lol. So we'll see.