By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - TTG - possibly the worst dev

So the 2018 general opinion is that Telltale have fallen from grace but Quantic Dream are still considered good?

Around the Network
VGPolyglot said:
Errorist76 said:

No one really needs to play these things anyway. It’s the only games where watching a let’s play is totally sufficient.

Nobody really needs to play any game for that matter, but we do it because we enjoy it.

But that’s the thing about TTG games I was hinting at. The gameplay is non existent..the decisions are meaningless. It’s mainly about the story so might just watch it.

shikamaru317 said:
Mar1217 said:
Tales from the Borderlands was probably their last impactful project. (+ it was really good)

Yeah, it was the last game of there's that I played. Shame a sequel to it is unlikely, hopefully those characters show up in Borderlands 3 so that we get a continuation of their storyline.

Hopefully Wolf Among Us 2 can live up to the original. 

Will there be a second game? I heard it didn’t sell well.

okr said:
So the 2018 general opinion is that Telltale have fallen from grace but Quantic Dream are still considered good?

In QD games at least your decisions matter to some extent.

I'm just glad their era is pretty much over. Got annoying when like every third game announcement made was a TTG game. Just not my kinda games. I need gameplay.

Around the Network

I dunno, I think QD's games are shit too.

I used to be a big fan of the Walking Dead and so when the first game came out to widespread critical acclaim I was very excited to play it.

I detested it for all the reasons mentioned above (and I forced myself to finish it).
I understand how people can enjoy these kind of experiences, but there are plenty of cinematic games that aren't as boring and uninteresting as TTG stuff.

I Liked S1 of the walking dead. but besides that haven't really bothered to play other games by TTG.

Sorry I haven't replied since I put my rant up. Had visitors over and then one of their little ones fell ill and we all went to the A&E and didn't get back until late.

OT:

1) Pervy Sensei, you recommended Nioh and I played it more than you did lol

2) QD doesn't have immunity the way TTG does. They also have choices which make a difference, more gameplay elements and production values that make TTG games look like an art project or a 5yr old.

In fact, Indie devs with smaller budgets could probably do a better job than TTG.

The level of polish, gameplay and passion isn't the same as games like monkey Island. This seems to be the laziest version of this genre of game with the only positives being a decent story and an easy platinum trophy.

Errorist76 said:
Fei-Hung said:

At the moment I'm playing through Batman TTG and I had to pause the game and think about the last few series I played of theirs, how lazy they were and yet still with a half assed job in most departments, the games have gotten decent reviews from journalists, essentially getting a free pass every time 

1) the graphics are average

2) the animals are lazy

3) the gameplay is mostly qte's but without the consequences of depth like in games like Until Dawn and heavy rain

4) and with as little to it  the games are really badly optimised. They stutter and skio throughout and at times even crash.

How is it TTG have gotten away with this whilst other devs have not?! 

I don’t know...Adventure games used to be challenging and required patience and intelligence. Then people decided thinking was too stressful and only Germans kept making them. Then we got TTG and.. Then we got Trump. Lol 

Remember Simon the Sorcerer, Indiana Jones, Day of the Tentacle and especially Monkey Island? Yes, that were the games. I also add Return to Zork (the first graphical Zork) to that list.

I might try out old text adventures at some point, they should have even more options to offer.

VGPolyglot said:
Errorist76 said:

No one really needs to play these things anyway. It’s the only games where watching a let’s play is totally sufficient.

Nobody really needs to play any game for that matter, but we do it because we enjoy it.

I agree with Errorist on this one. There are games, that only matter because of gameplay. Think of Mario Kart, watching it isn't half the fun than actually playing it. Other games that tend to focus on story or graphic - well obviously you can experience story and graphic the same in a youtube video. I really think that games should offer something more, otherwise I can take the Let's Play. TTG-games have some interaction, but really they are on the low end in this reagard.

okr said:

Hehehe, I'm with you, but expect to get Flak for this.

Fei-Hung said:
The level of polish, gameplay and passion isn't the same as games like monkey Island. This seems to be the laziest version of this genre of game with the only positives being a decent story and an easy platinum trophy.

The first two Monkey Islands and Day of the Tentacle were the greatest. I've yet to see an adventure matching that.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]