By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon U.S. March bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion

Ryng_Tolu said:

tagging for insane Switch and Far Cry sales, let's gooooo

I hope for a 400k+ this month. 

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Around the Network
LipeJJ said:
Ryng_Tolu said:

tagging for insane Switch and Far Cry sales, let's gooooo

Switch or Far Cry?

Ryng_Tolu said:
LipeJJ said:

Switch or Far Cry?

Both! Hahaha

I mean, 300k is good and all, but I’d like to see greater things from Switch.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Tag

LipeJJ said:
Ryng_Tolu said:

Switch or Far Cry?

Both! Hahaha

Usually March is lower than February, but at least with 3DS, many times March was flat or even better than February. March 2013 was way bigger than February, with a flat weekly sales avarange, March 2014 too was better than February, and March 2016 was slighly down, more like flat compared to February (176k VS 171k).

If Switch is able to reach 400k in february, it can do it even in March, but i personally believe that the 350-400K range for Switch in February/March looks more realistic.

About Far Cry, i think it'll sell over 500k, maybe 600k.

Last edited by Ryng - on 02 March 2018

Around the Network

March will be more interesting than Feb imo.
Zelda starting the month top 3 and kirby #8 !

Ryng_Tolu said:

Usually March is lower than March

Whaaaaaaaaa!?

Ryng_Tolu said:
LipeJJ said:

Both! Hahaha

Usually March is lower than March, but at least with 3DS, many times March was flat or even better than February. March 2013 was way bigger than February, with a flat weekly sales avarange, March 2014 too was better than February, and March 2016 was slighly down, more like flat compared to February (176k VS 171k).

If Switch is able to reach 400k in february, it can do it even in March, but i personally believe that the 350-400K range for Switch in February/March looks more realistic.

So you think Switch will go from a 50/60k a week in January to 90/100k a week in February. That seems extremely optimistic.

SWORDF1SH said:
Ryng_Tolu said:

Usually March is lower than March, but at least with 3DS, many times March was flat or even better than February. March 2013 was way bigger than February, with a flat weekly sales avarange, March 2014 too was better than February, and March 2016 was slighly down, more like flat compared to February (176k VS 171k).

So you think Switch will go from a 50/60k a week in January to 90/100k a week in February. That seems extremely optimistic.

You don't know February trend then. In February console sales usually rise by 70/80%. Tax return month makes big boosts in sales, because people have money to spend. In some rare case the increase is also higher than x2.

It's not only Switch, every console are gonna have a big increase, all will easy surpass 300K.

SWORDF1SH said:
Ryng_Tolu said:

Usually March is lower than March

Whaaaaaaaaa!?

*Lower than February

Adding my little Tag too