By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon U.S. March bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion

LipeJJ said:
Lawlight said:

Only if they have the stock though - they’re running low in Japan as well. Looks like it’s out of stock on Amazon UK, DE, IT and ES.

That's bad. Nintendo learned their lesson last year, I hope Sony learns theirs too. You can't underestimate the PS4... especially with those many great games coming out. Hopefully Sony is able to ship more next quarter. But I really think they will still smash their Jan/Feb/Mar forecast/prediction.

They must have new bundles on the way. But with GoW so far away, could they be planning bundles for existing games. I think a 500GB bundle with Uncharted 1,2,3,4 and LL or Uncharted 4, Horizon, GT and both Knacks for 299 should shift.

Sony seem keen to keep their price high so effectively they're only giving away 4 games for $50. 



Around the Network

Amazon Hourly Ranking (14h from last update) :

Hardware:

1 (-) - Nintendo Switch Neon - 15 (-4) - 299.00$
2 (-) - Nintendo Switch Grey - 22 (-2) - 299.00$
3 (-) - Playstation 4 Slim 1Tb Black - 45 (-6) - 299.00$
4 (-) - Playstation 4 Pro 1 Tb - 46 (-4) - 399.00$
5 (-) - Super Nes Classic - 55 (-3) - Third Party Sellers Only
6 (-) - XBox One X 1 Tb - 60 (-5) - 499.00$
7 (-) - XBox One S 1Tb Playerunknown's Battlegrounds - 78 (-8) - 249.00$
8 (+1) - Playstation 4 Pro 1 Tb Star Wars - 83 (-3) - 399.99$
9 (-1) - XBox One S 500 Gb White - 96 (-17) - 223.00$
10 (R) - XBox One Slim 500Gb Hotwheels - 97 (R) - 229.00$

Out of Top 100 :

10 (-) - XBox One Slim 500Gb Minecraft - 91 (+9) - 229.99$

PS4: 3 (-) ; NS: 2 (-) ; XBO: 4 (-)

Software :

1 (-) - NS - The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - 4 (-1) - 44.99$ - 03/03/17
2 (-) - NS - Super Mario Odyssey - 8 (-4) - 48.99$ - 10/27/17
3 (-) - NS - Kirby Star Allies - 9 (-) - 54.24$ - 03/16/18
4 (-) - NS - Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - 12 (-2) - 54.00$ - 04/28/17
5 (+1) - PS4 - Call of Duty: WWII - 26 (-3) - 39.99$ - 11/03/17
6 (-1) - PS4 - Assassin's Creed Origins - 28 (-6) - 29.99$ - 10/27/17
7 (+1) - PS4 - God of War 4 - 29 (+2) - 59.96$ - 04/20/18
8 (+6) - PS4 - Far Cry 5 - 30 (+7) - 59.96$ - 03/27/18
9 (+1) - NS - Splatoon 2 - 33 (-) - 53.08$ - 06/21/17
10 (-1) - NS - Bayonetta 2&1 - 36 (-4) - 59.88$ - 02/16/18
11 (-) - XBO - Call of Duty:WWII - 37 (-3) - 39.99$ - 11/03/17
12 (+1) - 3DS - Pokemon Ultra Sun - 39 (-3) - 29.99$ - 11/17/17
13 (-6) - PS4 - Detroit Become Human - 40 (-12) - 59.99$ - 05/25/18
14 (-2) - PS4 - Monster Hunter World - 41 (-6) - 57.99$ - 01/26/18
15 (+1) - NS - Donkey Kong Country:TF - 47 (+1) - 59.99$ - 05/04/18
16 (+3) - PS4 - Far Cry 5: GE - 48 (+10) - 99.99$ - 03/27/18
17 (-2) - XBO - Assassin's Creed Origins - 52 (-11) - 29.99$ - 10/27/17
18 (-1) - XBO - Sea of Thieves - 53 (+1) - 59.88$ - 03/20/18
19 (+2) - XBO - Far Cry 5 - 62 (+2) - 59.96$ - 03/27/18
20 (-) - NS - Pokken Tournament DX - 68 (-6) - 49.00$ - 09/22/17
21 (+3) - PS4 - Nino No Kuni 2 - 69 (-1) - 59.96$ - 03/23/18
22 (-4) - PS4 - Shadow of the Colossus - 71 (-15) - 39.88$ - 02/06/18
23 (+4) - PS4 - NBA 2k18 - 74 (+1) - 39.58$ - 09/19/17
24 (-1) - NS - Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle - 76 (-10) - Third Party Sellers Only - 08/29/17
25 (+8) - PS4 - Star Wars Battlefront II - 80 (+8) - 24.95$ - 11/17/17
26 (+4) - 3DS - Detective Pikachu - 81 (+2) - 39.88$ - 02/13/18
27 (-2) - Wii - Mario Kart Wii - 82 (-13) - 35.70$ - 04/10/08
28 (-6) - NS - Arms - 84 (-19) - 48.99$ (-1.54) - 06/16/17
29 (-3) - PS4 - Titanfall 2 - 85 (-11) - 10.99$ - 10/28/16
30 (+2) - NS - The Elder Scroll V: Skyrim - 86 (+1) - 50.43$ - 11/17/17
31 (-3) - PS4 - Destiny 2 - 89 (-12) - 18.95$ (-0.62) - 09/06/17
32 (-3) - 3DS - Pokemon Ultra Moon - 90 (-12) - 34.49$ - 11/17/17
33 (+2) - XBO - Far Cry 5: GE - 92 (+2) - 99.99$ - 03/27/18
34 (-) - NS - Dark Souls Remastered - 95 (-6) - 39.99$ - 05/25/18
35 (R) - PS4 - FIFA 18 - 99 (R) - 38.60$ - 09/29/17

Out of Top 100 :

31 (+1) - XBO - Destiny 2 - 86 (+5) - 21.44$ (+0.47) - 09/06/17
36 (-1) - PS4 - Dissidia Final Fantasy NT: SBE - 99 (-) - 44.99$ - 01/30/18

PS4: 14 (-) ; NS: 12 (-) ; 3DS: 3 (-) ; XBO: 5 (-1) ; Wii: 1 (-)



TAG



In my opinion that price drop is in the offing. Sony know the big games are coming soon so what they're doing is understocking in order to create a quicker uptake of PS4s before the price cut. I believe this is a quick cash grab, playing on those that rush to buy a product for fear of it not being available when they want. That's what I believe they are doing. Once ALL the old models have been sold at the current price, the new models will have a lower price tag.



 

The PS5 Exists. 


Great job as usual Shadow, but could you please add the links to the other Amazon countries in the OP ? I have grown used to just checking them out periodically from your good work.



Around the Network
GribbleGrunger said:
In my opinion that price drop is in the offing. Sony know the big games are coming soon so what they're doing is understocking in order to create a quicker uptake of PS4s before the price cut. I believe this is a quick cash grab, playing on those that rush to buy a product for fear of it not being available when they want. That's what I believe they are doing. Once ALL the old models have been sold at the current price, the new models will have a lower price tag.

Hmmm... how are they promoting a quicker uptake if there’s no PS4 to sell? Also, they ship less PS4 so that they can sell more at a lower price point? Overall, I’m not sure I follow. But the bigger question is why would they cut the price now?



Lawlight said:

Hmmm... how are they promoting a quicker uptake if there’s no PS4 to sell? Also, they ship less PS4 so that they can sell more at a lower price point? Overall, I’m not sure I follow. But the bigger question is why would they cut the price now?

Let's say you send 100 consoles to Amazon, 50 of which they buy at a cheaper price because it's the revised version. Which version are they going to ship at the current price? Asking Amazon, who will be aware of the lower production costs of the new version, to stock/buy the newer version at the current price could sour relations for future deals. So the answer is to keep restocking regularly but with mainly the older version until they're gone completely. 

It's only a theory but it makes more sense than simply saying 'Sony are stupid' in one way or another. 



 

The PS5 Exists. 


GribbleGrunger said:
Lawlight said:

Hmmm... how are they promoting a quicker uptake if there’s no PS4 to sell? Also, they ship less PS4 so that they can sell more at a lower price point? Overall, I’m not sure I follow. But the bigger question is why would they cut the price now?

Let's say you send 100 consoles to Amazon, 50 of which they buy at a cheaper price because it's the revised version. Which version are they going to ship at the current price? Asking Amazon, who will be aware of the lower production costs of the new version, to stock/buy the newer version at the current price could sour relations for future deals. So the answer is to keep restocking regularly but with mainly the older version until they're gone completely. 

It's only a theory but it makes more sense than simply saying 'Sony are stupid' in one way or another. 

ps4 is available at every where except amazon, so the theory doesn't make sense



quickrick said:

ps4 is available at every where except amazon, so the theory doesn't make sense

So why do YOU think Sony are not restocking as they were on Amazon? 



 

The PS5 Exists. 


Switch again going quite strong.