By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will Mario & Sonic at the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games be a thing on the Switch?

Will Mario & Sonic at the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games be a thing?

Yes, and it will be the b... 7 53.85%

Yes, but it will be as me... 4 30.77%

No, they gave up after Rio 2016 2 15.38%

Total:13

We didn't have Mario & Sonic at the Pyeongchang 2018 Olympic Winter Games (wow, that is a long name), and that can mean one of two things: SEGA is either taking their time to develop a really good Tokyo 2020 game or they just gave up on the concept for good.

Mario & Sonic is my guilty pleasure franchise, and I'd love to have it on the Switch. And since the Olympic Games will take place in Japan, there's no better time for Nintendo and SEGA to partner up. What do you think? 

B O I

Around the Network

I feel like the franchise is dead

If I recall, SEGA did not have the licens for the olympics this time around, but they do have it in 2020 and I think it's pretty safe to assume we're getting a Tokyo 2020 game featuring Mario and Sonic.

Didn't Sega lose the license for the Olympics? Also, if they lost it, who has it now?

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Darwinianevolution said:
Didn't Sega lose the license for the Olympics? Also, if they lost it, who has it now?

Ubisoft had the license for this year's Winter games. They made that Steep DLC.

B O I

Around the Network

It would be nice if they made another olympics game in which they put some actual effort. It's a fun franchise with enough potential (Vancouver 2010 was a great game).

I hope so only because it's Japan, I mean they're both mascots for Japanese companies and much better than the mascots chosen for the Tokyo Olympics, can't believe they went for the worst ones (A).

Put I think it'll be a good addition to Switch's library, and the break could potentially give them more time to work on the game. 

Green098 said:

I hope so only because it's Japan, I mean they're both mascots for Japanese companies and much better than the mascots chosen for the Tokyo Olympics, can't believe they went for the worst ones (A).

Put I think it'll be a good addition to Switch's library, and the break could potentially give them more time to work on the game. 

I actually think A was the best option xD
I'm very biased towards simple and minimal art, though.

B O I

franchise is dead... but it is Tokyo and they have used Mario to represent the country itself.

Switch!!!

LuccaCardoso1 said:
Green098 said:

I actually think A was the best option xD
I'm very biased towards simple and minimal art, though.

They're so generic is my problem. The other two have so much more character to them.