By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Nintendo Switch is no better than the Wii

Very interesting. I love threads like this. It gets your thinking juices flowing.

Around the Network

I wanted to wright a sarcastic comment, but I can't really tell if I agree with this or not ...

...fuck...

If you want a PS4 or XB1 kinda experience, then buy either or both of those. I personally think its great to have different systems. Like the Genesis and SNES was. They are quite different, but there are many reasons to own both.

lets just hope it goes on to sell as poorly as it !!!!!! Damn Nintendo deserve it!

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

The switch isn't getting AAA 3rd party support but it gets the kind of support that I personally care about. Even on the PS4 stuff like disgaea and persona get me way more excited that anything coming out of EA and Activision and that's the kind of support the switch gets pretty consistently.

Around the Network

I think switch will get lots of 3rd party support but it’ll only be from Japanese developers. I can see switch becoming the home of the jrpg and good 1st party support. Let’s not forget part of the business strategy for the switch (despite what they say now) was so that Nintendo could ultimately put all their eggs in one basket and focus on one console rather than spreading their development teams over a home and portable machine. It’ll still take a good year or two to get there but I have faith we’ll see the fruits of their labor soon. Therefore we won’t really need so much third party support...If not I’ll just play my PS4

Who cares?

Switch has plenty of good 3rd party games that are really good along Nintendos own games (yes independet developers are 3rd party). Sure some games from the bigger companies would’t make the Switch worse but so far there are plenty of other games to play.

Well I really liked the Wii, so that's not a problem for me. It's selling just fine without the 3rd parties, and it is getting a lot more than I thought it would. If Fallout comes I'll be set for 3rd parties I actually want.

That's good, because Wii was good.

Ports are better than nothing, and seems like more developers are interested in the Switch too

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]