By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Nintendo Switch is no better than the Wii

I agree, but I don't think this is a problem. Switch-> Nintendo games.
PS4-> everything else.

Perfect match. As long as Nintendo keeps making high quality games that sell well everybody wins. Honestly, the less multiplatform games are released on the Switch the better, as the weak hardware could pose a limit to third party games...well, unfortunately it's a limit for 1st party games as well (xc2), I just hope that japanese devs won't start scaling down their games just because they want to release on the switch.

Around the Network

Not an issue for me given that the Wii was my favourite console between the PSX and now.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

routsounmanman said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:
I wanted to wright a sarcastic comment, but I can't really tell if I agree with this or not ...

...fuck...

OBJ- Nevermind...

Since I'm still curious, can I ask what this means? (at least OBJ?)

last92 said:
I agree, but I don't think this is a problem. Switch-> Nintendo games.
PS4-> everything else.

Perfect match. As long as Nintendo keeps making high quality games that sell well everybody wins. Honestly, the less multiplatform games are released on the Switch the better, as the weak hardware could pose a limit to third party games...well, unfortunately it's a limit for 1st party games as well (xc2), I just hope that japanese devs won't start scaling down their games just because they want to release on the switch.

Change that to PC-> everything else and we've got a deal.

spurgeonryan said:

So far, besides some aged ports that, Surprise!, have held up well over time, and many indie games, the Nintendo Switch has very few actual big tier western third party games. 
Pay Day 2? I feel like that is many, many years old. Western Third parties are doing nothing different than what they did with the Wii. Giving us lazy ports that they barely put any effort into. At least with the Wii U they did not even try. It was a breath of fresh air to not have to wonder if we were getting a game or not. We just were not. Sure there were still a few stragglers. Project Cars, Watch Dogs, Skyrim ( yeah it was on old port then too), etc. But we did not have that pain and suffering of past systems that we had to live through.
Now I see games such as Far Cry 5, Assassins Creed, Fear Effect, Final Fantasy, Devil May Cry, God of War, among many many other games on the PS4 and even Xbox One. These two systems are still getting nearly every indie game the Switch has as well.
We have a fun concept like the Wii had as well. A portable Home console that you can break apart and use the sides as controllers. We have poor western third party support other than third party indies, and we have a successful system that is wasting its potential on not fishing for the developers that matter. It can only last so long before people grow tired of it or Microsoft just makes their own portable Xbox one. Hell, if Sony would have did the Vita/PS4 thing earlier it may have ended up being just as big as the Switch.
Leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Fixed it for you.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Around the Network

This too shall pass.

zygote said:
This too shall pass.

YOU SHALL NOT PASS!

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Pretty positive Sony tried the PS4/Vita thing with the PS3/PSP as much as the tech would allow at the time.

Also the new Fear Effect is also coming out on the Switch.

While it isn't getting as many triple A Western titles it is doing well among getting the Japanese major and middle range titles.

The Wii was the worst Nintendo console ever created. I still stand by that.

Intersting how many posters are focused in on the clickbait title (Switch as bad as Wii) instead of the content (poor third party support for both systems)

I agree third parties didn't take either system seriously at first, but I feel like directionally, Switch is in a much better position:
-less hate and fear rhetoric from the industry a la "two GameCubes taped together" or "it lives in my closet"
- indie support is phenomenal. Yes, most pf the games are on the other systems,but by my count we have nearly 300 games to choose from in less than a year, with Wii the momentum was just starting to pick up after 1 year and most of the games were shovelware.
- AAA are at least porting real games instead of giving us o rails shooters

Remember, it takes years, not months, to make a new game. by the end of 2018, we'llknow for sure.