By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - January 2018 NPD Thread! Switch #1

Errorist76 said:
quickrick said:

according to npd they all basically sold the same, and with it being a 5 week month, it's makes everything more complicated.

They didn’t sell the same. Their revenue was similar. Big difference.

they all should be very close.

Around the Network
flashfire926 said:
PAOerfulone said:

Would you be saying the exact same thing if the tables were turned and it was the PS4 that was #1?

if ps4 won by 5k-10k units:

"See, I was right the whole time. Switch has fallen off a cliff to start 2018, and PS4 is back on top once again. The Switch truly is a just a fad."

if switch wins by 5-10k units: 

"selling 5k-10k more doesn't mean anything"

Sadly, this has been going on here for a long time. Like, I understand maybe having a preference, but when having that preference blinds you from being rational, it becomes fanboyism.

Switch probably sold upwards of 300k+ for January if it’s #1. All hardware sold a combined 1m+. The highest tally since January 2011. I’m guessing PS4 and Xbox one sold around 220k-250k a pc. 3DS picked up the rest but had it’s best January since 2013.

flashfire926 said:
PAOerfulone said:

Would you be saying the exact same thing if the tables were turned and it was the PS4 that was #1?

if ps4 won by 5k-10k units:

"See, I was right the whole time. Switch has fallen off a cliff to start 2018, and PS4 is back on top once again. The Switch truly is a just a fad."

if switch wins by 5-10k units: 

"selling 5k-10k more doesn't mean anything"

If the PS4 had won the January NPD, he'd be using it as ammunition on the Amazon thread whenever the Switch is ahead.

Last edited by wombat123 - on 21 February 2018

zorg1000 said:

One other thing i forgot to mention, you are crazy to think Switch has a strong chance of being down YOY in Japan. Like that has such a small chance of happening thats its not worth even considering.

You say that but the Switch's numbers for January in Japan stands at ~320K despite having a one week advantage in comparison to the 3DS's first January which did ~500K ... 

Assuming that the Switch will keep doing 40K for the next 2 weeks that will put the Switch at around ~485K for the first two months of this year while 3DS will have finished with ~820K which is about a 40% deficit ... 

3DS was a beast in 2012 in Japan where it only had one month that fell below 250K while the Switch is going to fall below 200K in the second month of this year ... (Spring/Summer season is going to be even worse) 

Around the Network

quickrick said:

also the only reason ps4 is not beating switch in sales, is xbox,, they have stepped up there game with great deals on the S, and made great premium with the X

zorg1000 said:

Hahahahahahahahahahah

whats' so funny about this? nobody expected xbox to be so close to ps4/switch in jan. xbox and ps4 have the same system sellers and it's selling strong, xbox is taking sales from ps4, it's obvious. 

The only increase you’re seeing is people replacing their X1s. It’s MS‘s home turf and PS4 can still hold its own around the release of a new model plus a popular game like PUBG being out. That’s nothing to cry home about.

UltimateGamer1982 said:
Switch probably sold upwards of 300k+ for January if it’s #1. All hardware sold a combined 1m+. The highest tally since January 2011. I’m guessing PS4 and Xbox one sold around 220k-250k a pc. 3DS picked up the rest but had it’s best January since 2013.

super nes classic is included s well. that could have easily did 130-200k  it's sold out everywhere.

LipeJJ said:
tbone51 said:

Jokes aside im startin to feel bad for you 

We all are. This is the lowest I've seen someone on VGChartz go.

feel free to ignore me instead of throwing around personal insults. i will be ignoring both of you. since you guys can't have a discussion about sales with out getting personal.  hopefully i win the bet :) both will be reported.

quickrick said:
LipeJJ said:

We all are. This is the lowest I've seen someone on VGChartz go.

feel free to ignore me instead of throwing around personal insults. i will be ignoring both of you. since you guys can't have a discussion about sales with out getting personal.

Well  to be fair, you do bring a lot of it on yourself.

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

It's time for that price cut Sony