By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - January 2018 NPD Thread! Switch #1

peachbuggy said:
quickrick said:

nope its a few people getting butthurt  over nothing. people are grasping on to the falling off a cliff comment, i already stated a long ago, what i meant, it's time to move on.

Sorry but falling off a cliff can only have 1 meaning, especially in the context you used it. Unless you meant falling down a really small step, in which case you should have stated that.

yea but i already stated what i meant, so why people keep bringing it up? it's not like i changed my opinion based on released data.

Around the Network
LipeJJ said:
globalisateur said:
PS4 almost won by units and even won by revenue ! And Ryng thought Switch would win by 80 or 100k ! That and Bayonneta flopping in japan must be hard for him.

:P

So, you have sales figures? There's nothing suggesting PS4 almost won. Those 3% were the revenue difference.

Btw, congrats to Switch for beating PS4 on Monster Hunter World month with nothing noteworthy. 

Yea, now i have no doubt the Switch will take February and March if it can outsell the PS4 + Monster (which had collectors) in jan without any games.

We willl see in April if if Labo can sell more systems than GoW.

quickrick said:
peachbuggy said:

Sorry but falling off a cliff can only have 1 meaning, especially in the context you used it. Unless you meant falling down a really small step, in which case you should have stated that.

yea but i already stated what i meant, so why people keep bringing it up? it's not like i changed my opinion based on released data.

It's pretty obvious. Falling off a cliff signifies something dramatic and to the extreme. Then when you backtracked you said flat or slightly down YOY! That's a huge difference! The cliff reference is just the 1 ppl here remember the most. Probably your most outrageous comment. So they use it to refer to you and your sometimes slightly less ridiculous predictions.

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

peachbuggy said:
quickrick said:

It's pretty obvious. Falling off a cliff signifies something dramatic and to the extreme. Then when you backtracked you said flat or slightly down YOY! That's a huge difference! The cliff reference is just the 1 ppl here remember the most. Probably your most outrageous comment. So they use it to refer to you and your sometimes slightly less ridiculous predictions.

I don't have ridiculous predictions. people use that because its the only thing have on me. i said this month would be very close between ps4/switch, and i was right. besides i backtracked and explained the same day, so people are just grasping for straws to make my predictions look  bad.

quickrick said:
peachbuggy said:

I don't have ridiculous predictions. people use that because its the only thing have on me. i said this month would be very close between ps4/switch, and i was right. besides i backtracked and explained the same day, so people are just grasping for straws to make my predictions look  bad.

Pretty sure it's more often than once. Didn't you say the Switch wouldn't win an NPD this year and it's already won the 1st one! That's just 1 instance, plus, iirc you said it would fall off a cliff lots of times for a long period. It was only much later that you backtracked and changed it. If you are not liking the heat you are getting atm you'd better pray you won the bet!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

Around the Network
quickrick said:

the funny thing i explained what i meant falling off a cliff months ago, so i said it would be flat/slightly down for the year

That's not what "fall off a cliff" means. Is it really that hard to just admit you were wrong?

quickrick said:
Acevil said:

So he is allowed to completely ruin threads, and change his definitions later, and we are supposed to be okay with it? Also, I do not remember him mentioning 1 million less than in 2017 in November NPD thread. If you can provide it for me, please do. 

you gonna keep keep crying about me? ignore me if you have too. or do my my predications really hurt your feeling that bad. 

I think his point is that you should be able to hold up your hands when wrong and take it like a man if you intend to be taken seriously. Anyone can be wrong but if in a hole, the best approach is to stop digging.

curl-6 said:
quickrick said:

the funny thing i explained what i meant falling off a cliff months ago, so i said it would be flat/slightly down for the year

That's not what "fall off a cliff" means. Is it really that hard to just admit you were wrong?

ok i'll admit i was wrong, but i really was using the falling off the cliff for the people saying 20-25 million

RolStoppable said:
NPD numbers confirm that Switch is up year over year by a significant margin.

I actually laughed at this. Should I feel bad about that?

quickrick said:
curl-6 said:

ok i'll admit i was wrong, but i really was using the falling off the cliff for the people saying 20-25 million

If you said it in that context it really wouldn't make any sense. I think you should think before you post in future, to save yourself from further ridicule.