By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - January 2018 NPD Thread! Switch #1

peachbuggy said:
quickrick said:

feel free to ignore me instead of throwing around personal insults. i will be ignoring both of you. since you guys can't have a discussion about sales with out getting personal.

Well  to be fair, you do bring a lot of it on yourself.

nope its a few people getting butthurt  over nothing. people are grasping on to the falling off a cliff comment, i already stated a long ago, what i meant, it's time to move on.

Around the Network

Good to see healthy hardware and software sales all around

quickrick said:

also the only reason ps4 is not beating switch in sales, is xbox,, they have stepped up there game with great deals on the S, and made great premium with the X.

Oh dear, this is as pathetic an excuse as one could come up with.  Absolutely no relevance to the issue at all.

quickrick said:
peachbuggy said:

nope its a few people getting butthurt  over nothing. people are grasping on to the falling off a cliff comment, i already stated a long ago, what i meant, it's time to move on.

Im butthurt for feeling sorry for a guy that cant admit he is wrong? You then proceed with more excuses everytime proven wrong.

Switch sales will fall off a cliff was stated because you believed it be down YoY, now its falls off a cliff because some people believe itll do 20mil this FY? Cmon bruh

quickrick said:
peachbuggy said:

nope its a few people getting butthurt  over nothing.

See? This is the problem. You make crazy predictions, when they're wrong you go into damage control mode and come out with more and more ridiculous excuses. That's why they ridicule you. Also, you backtrack and move the goalposts constantly. You seriously need to give this a rest. Like i said before, chill out, don't worry  about console sales. They're not that important thing in the bigger picture, get out, have some fun. Chill out. Play some games! You seem as if you begrudge the Switch every sale! 

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

Around the Network
quickrick said:
peachbuggy said:

See? This is what the problem is. You make crazy predictions, when they are proven wrong, you go into damage control mode, with more and more elaborate excuses. That's why you get ridiculed. 

EDIT. Double post. Sorry.

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

tbone51 said:
quickrick said:

Im butthurt for feeling sorry for a guy that cant admit he is wrong? You then proceed with more excuses everytime proven wrong.

Switch sales will fall off a cliff was stated because you believed it be down YoY, now its falls off a cliff because some people believe itll do 20mil this FY? Cmon bruh

the funny thing i explained what i meant falling off a cliff months ago, so i said it would be flat/slightly down for the year, why do you keep brining that up? anyway the most important number is how much did it sell in a 5 week month?

Alkibiádēs said:
quickrick said:

those are not what i consider system sellers for ps4, sure they help, but nothing like spider man, GOW, Red dead, plus ps4 is 5 years old with only 100$ price cut at 249$ its gonna blow away switch, it will only be able to compete decmber.

Very tiring argument considering the PS4 had its best year ever last year. It being 4 or 5 years old doesn't affect its sales in a negative way. The first year of a console is almost never the best year anyway. Why people keep using the age excuse is beyond me. 

And Sony isn't the only company that can use price cuts to boost sales lol. 

It affects its sales if it is still at $299 this late in its life.  That would be like the Switch being $249 in 2022.  Sales would be pretty poor for it.  Personally, I'm surprised the PS4 is selling this well with a $299 price tag, especially when the XBO has been available for $199 by itself and $229 with a game.  If Sony goes for a big drop to $199, I think it'll be awhile before the Switch wins any NPD, unless it has a big game launching for it.  Though, I think they are just going to target $249 this year, with another $199 deal for Nov, possibly Dec, too.

quickrick said:
peachbuggy said:

Sorry but falling off a cliff can only have 1 meaning, especially in the context you used it. Unless you meant falling down a really small step, in which case you should have stated that.

Switch is insane. WTF

Hi