By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - January 2018 NPD Thread! Switch #1

quickrick said:
EricFabian said:

but Switch sold more. You can't spin that

nothing to spin selling 5k-10k more doesn't mean anything, the important thing is actual numbers.

Jokes aside im startin to feel bad for you 

Around the Network
fatslob-:O said:
zorg1000 said:

Shipments this fiscal year outside Japan.

3DS-7.83 million

NSW-9.00 million

Nintendo is forcasting just under 3 million this quarter, thus far Japan has represented about 25% of shipments so that leaves 2.25m for the West.

End of fiscal year shipments

3DS-8.76 million

NSW-~11.25 million

I'd also be interested in getting hard numbers from NPD too ...

One other thing i forgot to mention, you are crazy to think Switch has a strong chance of being down YOY in Japan. Like that has such a small chance of happening thats its not worth even considering.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

quickrick said:
EricFabian said:

but Switch sold more. You can't spin that

nothing to spin selling 5k-10k more doesn't mean anything, the important thing is actual numbers.

Would you be saying the exact same thing if the tables were turned and it was the PS4 that was #1?

This is a bit off topic but I was curious was the bet between Quickrick and CGI was, so I looked it up. I am not sure if I am the only one, but I do feel uneasy about how some people will treat him if he loses (based on the way some people are treating him now) and it would set a bad precedence on this site. I frequently and vehemently disagree with him and his reasoning on a multitude of points, but one of the things I love about this site compared to some of the other ones on the internet is that we can all be civil while communicating our points of view. It would be quite disheartening if Quickrick or anyone else for that matter felt like they were under attack for expressing their points of view (assuming of course that they do not attack other users), however much other users may agree or disagree with their views or reasoning. I usually trust the judgement of mods on this site, and this is certainly not a hit against CGI, but I feel this particular bet might end up going too far.

Nicely done Switch! You really are #1!

Nice to see Xenoblade 2 in the Switch top 10 too...but I suppose there's not much competition there.

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

Around the Network
PAOerfulone said:
quickrick said:

Would you be saying the exact same thing if the tables were turned and it was the PS4 that was #1?

yes i would. out selling another by 5-10k doesn't prove anything, just both products selling well.

I don't believe you; I think you're full of it.

tbone51 said:
quickrick said:

Jokes aside im startin to feel bad for you 

We all are. This is the lowest I've seen someone on VGChartz go.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

PAOerfulone said:
quickrick said:

if ps4 won by 5k-10k units:

"See, I was right the whole time. Switch has fallen off a cliff to start 2018, and PS4 is back on top once again. The Switch truly is a just a fad."

if switch wins by 5-10k units: 

"selling 5k-10k more doesn't mean anything"

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

quickrick said:
RolStoppable said:

You don't need to see Switch sales. It's already verified by NPD that you were wrong.

according to npd they all basically sold the same, and with it being a 5 week month, it's makes everything more complicated.

They didn’t sell the same. Their revenue was similar. Big difference.