By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rumor: Smash Bros. coming this year with new content and reworked Wii U / 3DS content

JWeinCom said:
Miyamotoo said:

Well with combined and reworked content from WiiU and 3DS versions of Smash Bros 4 with addition of new content, Nintendo could easily push this game like Smash Bros 5, on other hand it could easily be called Smash Bros 4 DX also.

They could probably just call it Smash Bros for Switch.  Add whatever content they wanted to, and let fanboys on forums argue about whether it's a sequel or a port while they count their money.

I dont think they will call it only Smash Bros for Switch, I can bet that will be Smash Bros 5 or Smash Bros 4 DX, but yeah, it will be huge title with huge sales in any case.

Around the Network

Exactly, the director isn't interested in making another Smash game, and I don't know if he's willing to just hand over the IP to someone else

Best bet is to make Smash 4 DX just like they did with Mario Kart. Maybe add some new characters like the Inkings from Splatoon (like how they were added in Mario Kart too) and yeah, combined content from both releases like Hyrule Warriors DE

The only difference is, Mario Kart 9 is much of a higher possibility than Smash 5 under current circumstances.

It will piss people off, but that's how it is

I'd rather have them remake Super Smash Bros Melee than Super Smash Bros WiiU. A Melee Remaster would sell like hot cakes. That won't ever happen though...

TranceformerFX said:
I'd rather have them remake Super Smash Bros Melee than Super Smash Bros WiiU. A Melee Remaster would sell like hot cakes. That won't ever happen though...

Not guaranteed.

A Melee remaster with UCF and the 20XX Training Pack, however...

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

I WON A BET AGAINST AZUREN! WOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:3

I bet that this game will be filled with so many new content that I doubt that many of you can come with a straight face and say that is just an enhanced port.

Seriously, what's even the point to start this from the zero? What it would be so special that couldn't be made as extra content for SSB4?

Also, with so many new content they can make a fockin amazing trailer and disguise as the next smash.

Last edited by 160rmf - on 22 February 2018

We reap what we sow

Around the Network
jason1637 said:
Can't wait for Etikas reaction if this is true lol

me too, Pervert Men and MaxDoods will give us good reactions.

(=^・ω・^=) Kuroneko S2 - Ore no Imouto - SteamMyAnimeList and Twitter - PSN: Gustavo_Valim - Switch FC: 6390-8693-0129 (=^・ω・^=)

Smash bros is a perfect launch title for the Nintendo's online service, so we're talking September/October. If this rumour is true, I'd expect it to be announced either mid spring or at E3.

AlfredoTurkey said:
Dulfite said:

But this will be HD portable smash on arguably Nintendo's most local multiplayer friendly console due to its portability and power.

...that I already own. I own all of the best Wii U and 3DS games. I don't want ports. I want new games.

You really expect them to have a brand new Smash game considering the current one is only 3-4 years old? They generally take 6-7 years between those games. Personally, I'd rather they make other games with their main teams and have 3rd party companies handle ports of Wii U games like this (which is probably what they are doing here).

TheWPCTraveler said:
TranceformerFX said:

Not guaranteed.

A Melee remaster with UCF and the 20XX Training Pack, however...

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

I'll pass if it's a port of Smash WiiU, but if they invest the time and money to remaster Melee - I'll buy a Switch just for that. Or they could not release a Super Smash AT ALL for the Switch, if Nintendo's past has told us anything, it's that they're not afraid of franchise droughts for their consoles.

Miyamotoo said:

Even before we truly knew what Switch was, rumors have persisted about Smash Bros. appearing on the new platform by featuring content from the games on Wii U and 3DS. Speculation has now picked up once again.

Emily Rogers, who has been both spot on and occasionally off the mark with Nintendo rumors, claims that a Smash Bros. games will be announced and released for Switch later this year. Rogers further says that it will include new content as well as re-worked content from the Wii U and 3DS games.

Rogers isn’t sure as to how Nintendo will brand the game. It’s possible that it could be a deluxe edition, some sort of sequel, or a full sequel.

https://nintendoeverything.com/rumor-new-speculation-about-smash-bros-releasing-on-switch-this-year-with-new-content-and-reworked-wii-u-3ds-content/

This is actually expected, and we probably talking about September launch alongside Switch online launch.

A rumour about new speculation?

In other words, conjecture, also known as bullshit.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.