By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rumor: Smash Bros. coming this year with new content and reworked Wii U / 3DS content

Dulfite said:
AlfredoTurkey said:

...that I already own. I own all of the best Wii U and 3DS games. I don't want ports. I want new games.

You really expect them to have a brand new Smash game considering the current one is only 3-4 years old? They generally take 6-7 years between those games. Personally, I'd rather they make other games with their main teams and have 3rd party companies handle ports of Wii U games like this (which is probably what they are doing here).

Three to four years in not enough time to make a Nintendo game now? When did this happen? 

Around the Network
AlfredoTurkey said:
Dulfite said:

You really expect them to have a brand new Smash game considering the current one is only 3-4 years old? They generally take 6-7 years between those games. Personally, I'd rather they make other games with their main teams and have 3rd party companies handle ports of Wii U games like this (which is probably what they are doing here).

Three to four years in not enough time to make a Nintendo game now? When did this happen? 

NIntendo, for their big games, tend to make them more spread out. Look back at the history of Smash bros. There was a 6-7 year gap between melee and brawl, and then again between brawl and WiiU/3ds. It's not that they can't make the game quicker, but Nintendo likes to have their teams work on games between a series.