By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan sales (Week 7): Media Create/Famitsu/Dengeki - February 12-18, 2018

Medisti said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:

Yes, we need less than Labo, Kirby, and .... uhhh ... Mario Tennis?

Less please!!!

Not what I meant, but I'll play along.

There's too much Uncharted these days. Please remove two.

There's too much Uncharted these days ... please remove two ... what does that even mean? 

Remove two games from the series?

Around the Network
tbone51 said:
Jranation said:
I just noticed how crazy Splatoon legs are! When is the next game that will do something like that?

Zelda is mor impressive atm honestly. Oh and MK8D is doing just as well giving the fact its still a port and not a new MK. If it were we be seeing 25k+ a week 

Well I said splatoon cause it is the 2nd game in the series. Im sure MK8D and Zelda were also doing Amazing in their own circumstances, but MK8 and Zelda have created their stance within the market for many years now. 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

quickrick said:
as expected switch demand is dropping.

Why do people say stuff like this so quickly, on this very site others have posted pictures of the Switch having supply issues again! Not hard to look up those threads actually 

Jranation said:
tbone51 said:

Zelda is mor impressive atm honestly. Oh and MK8D is doing just as well giving the fact its still a port and not a new MK. If it were we be seeing 25k+ a week 

Well I said splatoon cause it is the 2nd game in the series. Im sure MK8D and Zelda were also doing Amazing in their own circumstances, but MK8 and Zelda have created their stance within the market for many years now. 

Thats the thing, thats not true for zelda.

The last 20 years even hh zeldas have never sold this well, its a single player game thats been in the top 20 since launch and its still selling 10k+ a week. Its current baseline so far in Q1 2018 is higher than baseline for May-Oct of last year. No zelda game has sold this well for the longest.

Splat2 is a new ip still but its multiplayer shooter which is a genre suppose to be legging it out.

Going by reactions i think more people are surprised about zelda legs than splat2. Could be just me thouvh lol

tbone51 said:
Jranation said:

The last 20 years even hh zeldas have never sold this well, its a single player game thats been in the top 20 since launch and its still selling 10k+ a week. Its current baseline so far in Q1 2018 is higher than baseline for May-Oct of last year. No zelda game has sold this well for the longest.

Splat2 is a new ip still but its multiplayer shooter which is a genre suppose to be legging it out.

Going by reactions i think more people are surprised about zelda legs than splat2. Could be just me thouvh lol

But its also a genre that hasn't really gotten that much traction in Japan compared to the rest of the world. You don't see games like CoD, Battlefield, etc. stay for months on the Japanese charts.

Around the Network

MHW is a huge system seller

Splatoon 2 legs

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

fatslob-:O said:
Farsala said:
Splatoon 2 week ~28 (?) > Bayonetta week 1 :(.

On a different note those PS4 sales are disappointing.

PS3 sold 230k with FFXIII release much higher than PS4, and yet FFXIII sold a lot less than MHW.

I am too lazy to look up the followup weeks, so maybe PS4 made some ground in these recent weeks.

The circumstances were different for each though ... 

FFXIII released during the holidays of PS3's 3rd year in Japan with the recent launch of the slim model while MHW launched at the beginning of PS4's 5th year ... 

PS3 arguably had far more potential to push hardware sales during that period compared to PS4 despite the fact that FF XIII sold less in Japan ... 

Sure the holidays help a little, as well as the recent slim release in 2009. But the years hardly matter to the PS4, as it has peaked so late in its lifetime. And in fact the peak of PS4>PS3 peak thus I think it sensible that the PS4 should put up close to the same numbers. (which it might have with legs)

Ck1x said:
quickrick said:
as expected switch demand is dropping.

Why do people say stuff like this so quickly, on this very site others have posted pictures of the Switch having supply issues again! Not hard to look up those threads actually 

Because he is just about the biggest Nintendo detractor on this site currently.

Last edited by zorg1000 - on 21 February 2018

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Farsala said:

Sure the holidays help a little, as well as the recent slim release in 2009. But the years hardly matter to the PS4, as it has peaked so late in its lifetime. And in fact the peak of PS4>PS3 peak thus I think it sensible that the PS4 should put up close to the same numbers. (which it might have with legs)

PS3 also peaked late in it's lifetime at it's fifth year with 14M units sold in 2011 but I'm not if PS4's peak will be this year ... 

Before the slim model, PS3 hardware sales were rubber ... (FF XIII had everything going for it at the time while MHW is dealing with a system that is reaching it's saturation point at it's price point at $300) 

Kai_Mao said:
tbone51 said:

But its also a genre that hasn't really gotten that much traction in Japan compared to the rest of the world. You don't see games like CoD, Battlefield, etc. stay for months on the Japanese charts.

If those were portable franchise you might see much legs. Japan market is biased towards portable devices.