By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan sales (Week 7): Media Create/Famitsu/Dengeki - February 12-18, 2018

jonathanalis said:
Switch is down from last week, despite we had a launch this week.

It usually get more sales on game launch weeks because Nintendo provide more stock.
Só, now Nintendo didn't do that, or the demand for switch is indeed lower?

It's a port of a niche game that launched. As great as Bayonetta 1 and 2 are, they don't have the popularity and recognition that something like a Mario Kart 8 Deluxe has. Hopefully it'll have some legs like Pokken DX had (or has).

Around the Network
jonathanalis said:
Switch is down from last week, despite we had a launch this week.

It usually get more sales on game launch weeks because Nintendo provide more stock.
Só, now Nintendo didn't do that, or the demand for switch is indeed lower?

They usually provide more stock with big releases, Bayo sold 20k so clearly not a big release.

Probably expect similar numbers for the next few weeks but a decent boost to coincide with Kirby.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Jranation said:
I just noticed how crazy Splatoon legs are! When is the next game that will do something like that?

Zelda is mor impressive atm honestly. Oh and MK8D is doing just as well giving the fact its still a port and not a new MK. If it were we be seeing 25k+ a week 

Seiken Densetsu 2 did better than I thought it would. MHW is still doing well but the PS4 is returning to its normal levels of sales :/
Poor Bayonetta.

Farsala said:
Splatoon 2 week ~28 (?) > Bayonetta week 1 :(.

On a different note those PS4 sales are disappointing.

PS3 sold 230k with FFXIII release much higher than PS4, and yet FFXIII sold a lot less than MHW.

I am too lazy to look up the followup weeks, so maybe PS4 made some ground in these recent weeks.

The circumstances were different for each though ... 

FFXIII released during the holidays of PS3's 3rd year in Japan with the recent launch of the slim model while MHW launched at the beginning of PS4's 5th year ... 

PS3 arguably had far more potential to push hardware sales during that period compared to PS4 despite the fact that FF XIII sold less in Japan ... 

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:
Nintendo should have had a plan in place for when Monster Hunter World launched. Like Sony did when BotW launched. Bayonetta 2 had a rough start there. Hopefully it does better world wide.

The only thing is release a big game and they cant just make them appear out of thin air? 

quickrick said:
as expected switch demand is dropping.

*Looks at NPD results* Let's also say that normal service will be resumed very soon in Japan.

Kai_Mao said:
KBG29 said:
Another ~50K week for the PS4 ecosystem. Monster Hunter is an absolute system seller. Would love to see Sony add Capcom and From Software to their 1st party to bolster SIEWWS Japan Studios. Between Street Fight V, Resident Evil 7, Monster Hunter, and Bloodborne, these two publishers have delivered some of the best content for PS4 from Japan.

Really? I know MHW is doing really well, but I don't know if that warrants Capcom and From Software being exclusive to Sony. Series like Ace Attorney, Resident Evil, Monster Hunter, and others have found great success in other platforms like Nintendo's. Heck, despite being a shoe-in port, Ultra Street Fighter II has been selling pretty well on the Switch and, hopefully, more original titles will come to the platform like original titles are coming to PS4 and Xbone. Plus, Street Fighter V initially wasn't a success as it struggled, despite its great tournament scene, during its first year or so and it just so happens that the Arcade Edition just became the version of the game most fans were waiting for.

If anything, we need less first-party and more third-party.

Medisti said:

Yes, we need less than Labo, Kirby, and .... uhhh ... Mario Tennis?

Less please!!!

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
Medisti said:

Yes, we need less than Labo, Kirby, and .... uhhh ... Mario Tennis?

Less please!!!

Not what I meant, but I'll play along.

There's too much Uncharted these days. Please remove two.