By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan sales (Week 7): Media Create/Famitsu/Dengeki - February 12-18, 2018

Megiddo said:

It's going to be difficult for the Switch to hit 20 million next fiscal year with a 40-50k weekly average in Japan. I believe that's roughly 2-2.5 million for a year in one of its strongest regions. Hope it has some big plans for the second half of 2018 to be able to reach such a bold goal.

The next fiscal year begins on April 1 and there are still games to be announced. Relax.

Switch Friend Code = 5965 - 4586 - 6484

PSN: alejollorente10

Around the Network

Sales of Bayonetta 2 show that most Japanese do not buy the same game over and over again (welp,  except for pokemon ultra sun, ultra moon  ;)  ). Also, Bayonetta is not that popular in that country.

Switch Friend Code = 5965 - 4586 - 6484

PSN: alejollorente10

The PS4 drop is more than I expected. Next week the MH ride is probably over. The hardware, not the software.

Dr.Vita said:

PS4 and Monster Hunter both at number 1!

Good opening for Secret of Mana.

Is that 6 weeks in a row ps4 is #1? 

KBG29 said:
Another ~50K week for the PS4 ecosystem. Monster Hunter is an absolute system seller. Would love to see Sony add Capcom and From Software to their 1st party to bolster SIEWWS Japan Studios. Between Street Fight V, Resident Evil 7, Monster Hunter, and Bloodborne, these two publishers have delivered some of the best content for PS4 from Japan.

Really? I know MHW is doing really well, but I don't know if that warrants Capcom and From Software being exclusive to Sony. Series like Ace Attorney, Resident Evil, Monster Hunter, and others have found great success in other platforms like Nintendo's. Heck, despite being a shoe-in port, Ultra Street Fighter II has been selling pretty well on the Switch and, hopefully, more original titles will come to the platform like original titles are coming to PS4 and Xbone. Plus, Street Fighter V initially wasn't a success as it struggled, despite its great tournament scene, during its first year or so and it just so happens that the Arcade Edition just became the version of the game most fans were waiting for.

Around the Network

Back to the crypt for Virtual On then :(

So Bayonetta opened up to 21k with both versions combined? Hopefully it can have good legs.

Eh, that ~40k average is ok for the time being, but I hope they can up that to at least ~60k later.

Btw, Splatoon 2 is really impressing me. Like people said, its attach rate is still 50% every week. At this rate the game will reach 3m sold this year in Japan.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Ouch Bayonetta ;____;
And Japan had the best Edition too. So little love for our favourite witch.

On the other hand Mario+Rabbits legs continue to be fantastic and Zelda keeps outdoing my expectations for this time of year. Even ARMS is back on the Charts.

Monster Hunter World continues to rule japan.

The Switch is dead.

*jumps off the Titanic*