By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan sales (Week 7): Media Create/Famitsu/Dengeki - February 12-18, 2018

Splatoon 2 week ~28 (?) > Bayonetta week 1 :(.

On a different note those PS4 sales are disappointing.

PS3 sold 230k with FFXIII release much higher than PS4, and yet FFXIII sold a lot less than MHW.

I am too lazy to look up the followup weeks, so maybe PS4 made some ground in these recent weeks.

Around the Network

Another amazing week for Switch and BotW.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

I'm just here looking at Breath of the Wild maintaining a 10-11k baseline, which is considerably and unexpectedly up from the 5-6k baseline it was posting before the holiday bump.
If it maintains that average for the rest of the year, that would bring the Switch version to around 1.3-1.4 million. If that were the case, then including the Wii U version + digital, that would make Breath of the Wild the best selling Zelda game of all-time in Japan as well.
A title currently held by the original on the NES.

Who knows. Including both versions + digital, by the time the next open world game in the series roles around (or Switch 2, whichever comes first), Breath of the Wild could become the very first Zelda game in history to top TWO million.

spurgeonryan said:
Nintendo should have had a plan in place for when Monster Hunter World launched. Like Sony did when BotW launched. Bayonetta 2 had a rough start there. Hopefully it does better world wide.

What was that plan?

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

spurgeonryan said:
Nintendo should have had a plan in place for when Monster Hunter World launched. Like Sony did when BotW launched. Bayonetta 2 had a rough start there. Hopefully it does better world wide.

Why?Its not like they had Pokemon to counter it.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Around the Network

as expected switch demand is dropping.

Pavolink said:
spurgeonryan said:

What was that plan?

Horizon, I guess.

quickrick said:
as expected switch demand is dropping.

Definelly it is falling off a cliff.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Switch is down from last week, despite we had a launch this week.

It usually get more sales on game launch weeks because Nintendo provide more stock.
Só, now Nintendo didn't do that, or the demand for switch is indeed lower?

RedKingXIII said:
Pavolink said:

What was that plan?

Horizon, I guess.

It mostly worked in NA and Europe, but not Japan. And even then, Zelda was able to get more WW attention and recognition than Horizon and other games in 2017.