By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - The sjw review by eurogamer on Kingdom Come: Deliverance

Pemalite said:
Aeolus451 said:

Reviewers should just keep this kind of crap to themselves. Modern day politics should stay out of gaming in my opinion. Do you agree? What do you think of this review?

Who gives a crap? If you don't like it, don't bloody read it and move on.
No need to ruin it for other people who are interested in that content.

estebxx said:

So the guy is complaining because a game that apparently is trying to be historically accuarate doesnt have people of colour in a place at a time period where there wasnt any "people of colour"?, god do i hate SJWs.

Those who whinge and complain about Social Justice Warriors are just as bad as Social Justice Warriors themselves.
Give less of a crap, life will be easier that way.

I didn't like it so I pointed that dumb shit so others can see it. Ignoring sjws acting crazy is what allowed their cancer to spread. 

Around the Network

These people aren't journalists, they're activists. They have played themselves out of the game and become irrelevant as a source of gaming news. Just F*** off, nobody cares but your little club of professional offense-takers.
The problem with SJWs is that they want to make everything about themselves. Be it gaming, movies, hiring policies, you name it. They don't want to see stories and heroes, they just want to see themselves. It's the height of narcissism.

estebxx said:

So the guy is complaining because a game that apparently is trying to be historically accuarate doesnt have people of colour in a place at a time period where there wasnt any "people of colour"?, god do i hate SJWs.

This reminds me of that time when Kotaku asked for women invading Normandy Beach in Saving Private Ryan just for diversity sake.

Why does Patricia Hernandez keep getting paid for this? XD

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Darwinianevolution said:
estebxx said:

This reminds me of that time when Kotaku asked for women invading Normandy Beach in Saving Private Ryan just for diversity sake.

Diversity's sake. She's Kotaku's token Hispanic as mandated by the SJWs.

I will savor the replies in here just a bit later

Aeolus451 said:

I didn't like it so I pointed that dumb shit so others can see it. Ignoring sjws acting crazy is what allowed their cancer to spread. 

Exactly... if it was only one crazy detached from reality review it was ok, but they are very organised and loud and as crazy as it seems, just a few of them are capable of causing a lot of problems and make creators and publishers hostage of a certain agenda.

Around the Network
Aeolus451 said:
bananaking21 said:
honestly though, the more i read about this game the more i want to play it.

It seems pretty cool. I plan on getting it. 

SuperNova said:
Out of curiosity, is there a female playable character?

Because 'historically accurate' is not at all a blanket excuse for the mechanics and portrayals you put into your games. While it might me true that most women in the 1400 didn't have combat roles, Joan of Arc being one of the most famous ones and Elise Eskilsdotter who became a pirate to avenge her husbands death perhaps the most badass one, that does not mean that it would be impossible to struckture a game around non-combattive roles either.

Integrating black characters or asian charaters, while staying historically accurate would also not have been impossible. There was a substantial enough black population in Denmark around the time for example that portraits of black noble danes exist, setting the game in Denmark or close to the danish border would have allowed for black characters.
There were also active trade routes into Asia and east Asia. I mean, Marco Polos famous travels took place around 100 years earlier. There was enough contact that the black death was able to spread into europe from Asia, and it is not just likely, but proven that trade delegations from Asian countries came all the way to continental Europe, so if you WANTED to have an asian character in the game while stil staying historically accurate, you could.

The developers evidently didn't want to do any of that, and that's fine, it's their game.
The 'in the name of historic accuracy' excuse however is not sufficient on any of these points. The developers made choices and the game is the result of these choices.

No, there's not. You play as a white male who's the son of a blacksmith. It has a set character in a set time period and in a set place. There's not even a character creation feature. There wasn't no blacks or asians in this part of the world in this time period. The devs wanted this game to be historically accurate from the beginning, so that's not an excuse to not include certain groups of minorities in the game. Regardless of the historical accuracy, they don't need to include any group just for the sake of representation.

And I'm not debating that. In fact I said, it's their choice, it's fine.

I just pointed out that if diversity was important to this dev they could have kept the time period, european setting and historic accuracy while still having diverse characters.  'Historic accuracy' is not the right argument here. It's 'We didn't want to.' And that's fine.

I really do love when SJW show themselves as the obtuse they are.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Vincoletto said:
As always, the problem is a minority that is very loud and dominates media. Probably almost no one cares about it and are happy that it shows history as it should be, and im black. The vast majority of black people probably dont care also. But it just takes a few articles like this by a small minority to start some problem and affecr the game sales, picture the developer as racist and help the so called journalist to make a name for himself.
Then people complain that trump gets elected...

Next we should make a viking games where the vikings are all black, hispanic and Asian female lesbian... with white males being slaves... of course that is very accurate historic telling.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

AlfredoTurkey said:

I just wish that someone like Rockstar would make a game that deliberately shits all OVER these nazi fuckers. Make a game that is all-white, sexist and which objectifies the female body to the point of overkill. And then, when they get called out for it? Simply release a press kit with two words.

FUCK OFF.

That would probably make me buy the game even if I never play it (not much into R* and open world), because it take some courage to say as an artist you do what you want and won't bend to people that doesn't even buy your product.

SuperNova said:
Out of curiosity, is there a female playable character?

Because 'historically accurate' is not at all a blanket excuse for the mechanics and portrayals you put into your games. While it might me true that most women in the 1400 didn't have combat roles, Joan of Arc being one of the most famous ones and Elise Eskilsdotter who became a pirate to avenge her husbands death perhaps the most badass one, that does not mean that it would be impossible to struckture a game around non-combattive roles either.

Integrating black characters or asian charaters, while staying historically accurate would also not have been impossible. There was a substantial enough black population in Denmark around the time for example that portraits of black noble danes exist, setting the game in Denmark or close to the danish border would have allowed for black characters.
There were also active trade routes into Asia and east Asia. I mean, Marco Polos famous travels took place around 100 years earlier. There was enough contact that the black death was able to spread into europe from Asia, and it is not just likely, but proven that trade delegations from Asian countries came all the way to continental Europe, so if you WANTED to have an asian character in the game while stil staying historically accurate, you could.

The developers evidently didn't want to do any of that, and that's fine, it's their game.
The 'in the name of historic accuracy' excuse however is not sufficient on any of these points. The developers made choices and the game is the result of these choices.

So basically you want devs to limit themselves and choose instances where they could satisfy your demands.

Dante9 said:
These people aren't journalists, they're activists. They have played themselves out of the game and become irrelevant as a source of gaming news. Just F*** off, nobody cares but your little club of professional offense-takers.
The problem with SJWs is that they want to make everything about themselves. Be it gaming, movies, hiring policies, you name it. They don't want to see stories and heroes, they just want to see themselves. It's the height of narcissism.

Not only journalists... marketing people are doing it as well... 9 out of 10 ads on TV over the the last 6 months were SJW oriented. Like someone high up on the companies marketing line is being allowed to use the brand and money of the company to propagate his internal agenda instead of promoting the brand and bringing revenue.

Darwinianevolution said:
estebxx said:

Why can't we have parallel universe history being told on movies about historic events?

Xen said:
Darwinianevolution said:

Diversity's sake. She's Kotaku's token Hispanic as mandated by the SJWs.

I will savor the replies in here just a bit later

If people see that hiring someone just because of representation isn't needed she could lose her job... let her defend herself.

This just confirms my decision from a while ago to not visit this site anymore. No clicks from me EG...Sometimes I get the impression everyone on this site is depressed. That’s what Brexit does to you I guess.