Forums - Movies Discussion - Black Panther Shatters Box Office Projections

Nighthawk117 said:
Yet another superhero movie, yawn. Hollywood is devoid of fresh ideas.

Actually Black Panther is new.  I don't mind super hero movies I just don't want to see the same thing over and over again like the 3 spiderman reboots. 

And its not just superhero movies.  Hollywood really has a problem with reboots.  But, that raises a good question:  Is Hollywood responding that way because of lack of creativity or because what it knows people will pay to go see.  I mean money rules the world.  I doubt we would get so many reboots if people stopped going to see them.   What do you think the problem is?



Around the Network

I went to see this Friday.

Show was sold out, so I asked about getting a ticket for later on, the whole day was sold out. So I asked about Saturday, sold out, Sunday, sold out.

The Cinema stated this has never happened. It had huge group sales and massive advanced ticket buying. not sure when it'll die down so I can actually check it out.



 

CosmicSex said:
irstupid said:

pah, racial backlash is a joke. Quit listening to the media. Sure there may have been a facebook group or some people that are racists out there that are idiots. But like I heard the other day where white supremacist group in the US has 500 some members. That is 500 out of like 320 million americans. That is like .000001% of the population.  The media would like to let you think that 50% of the population is white supremacists.

The group of people moaning about this movie are also probably less than a hundred, no more than a thousand.

I didn't respond to him because I too have experienced it myself.  I just didn't want to give it power and I do believe we need to have more faith in each other.  However I just want to let you know after watching the thousands of Neo Nazis march in SC last year that you can't make it better by saying it isn't a problem.  When I was oversees, I was at a hotel where people refused to serve me.  Did it suck?  Of course, but I'm gonna be better than them and I am gonna to tell you that yes, there are more normal people out there than haters.  This is the life I have been given and its mine.

When I lived in Europe (I won't say which nations, because it was not universal.), the racism was more overt and out in the open. I was shocked by that, because it was simply unexpected. That's not to say that I've been isolated from it, here in NY. In fact, when I was very young, we had to cut ties with some racist family friends. Later on, we had to do the same with family in TN. In both of those cases, we were initially unaware, until they were forced to interact with our black friends and family. My multinational friends have told me that the problem is heightened in Asia and eastern bloc Europe, likely due to cultural isolation.

All of this seems to indicate that penetrating those markets could very well present a real challenge. Even in the US, there is a seemingly incomprehensible 30% of the country that has abandoned all mores to support a man who contradicts everything they've espoused their entire lives. It's horrifying, because I am related to these people, and they offhandedly dismiss the clear contradictions. Having seen it, lived it, and heard more about it overseas, I can see people offhandedly dismissing the film, too.



It's gonna break many records across the world. Will probably be the highest non avengers superhero movie



29/08/14:

PS4 will sell 25 million units before 31st of March!

Edit: I didn't state what year! HAHA, so I'm still right in some sense

Insidb said:

 

CosmicSex said:

I didn't respond to him because I too have experienced it myself.  I just didn't want to give it power and I do believe we need to have more faith in each other.  However I just want to let you know after watching the thousands of Neo Nazis march in SC last year that you can't make it better by saying it isn't a problem.  When I was oversees, I was at a hotel where people refused to serve me.  Did it suck?  Of course, but I'm gonna be better than them and I am gonna to tell you that yes, there are more normal people out there than haters.  This is the life I have been given and its mine.

When I lived in Europe (I won't say which nations, because it was not universal.), the racism was more overt and out in the open. I was shocked by that, because it was simply unexpected. That's not to say that I've been isolated from it, here in NY. In fact, when I was very young, we had to cut ties with some racist family friends. Later on, we had to do the same with family in TN. In both of those cases, we were initially unaware, until they were forced to interact with our black friends and family. My multinational friends have told me that the problem is heightened in Asia and eastern bloc Europe, likely due to cultural isolation.

All of this seems to indicate that penetrating those markets could very well present a real challenge. Even in the US, there is a seemingly incomprehensible 30% of the country that has abandoned all mores to support a man who contradicts everything they've espoused their entire lives. It's horrifying, because I am related to these people, and they offhandedly dismiss the clear contradictions. Having seen it, lived it, and heard more about it overseas, I can see people offhandedly dismissing the film, too.

There you go, labeling every Trump supporter a racists.



Around the Network
KrspaceT said:
Between Wonder Woman and Black Panther perhaps the view of minority and woman leads will be shattered.

Of course, as long as the public keeps supporting these movies Studios will continue making them.



    The NINTENDO PACT 2015[2016  Vgchartz Wii U Achievement League! - Sign up now!                      My T.E.C.H'aracter

irstupid said:
Insidb said:

 

When I lived in Europe (I won't say which nations, because it was not universal.), the racism was more overt and out in the open. I was shocked by that, because it was simply unexpected. That's not to say that I've been isolated from it, here in NY. In fact, when I was very young, we had to cut ties with some racist family friends. Later on, we had to do the same with family in TN. In both of those cases, we were initially unaware, until they were forced to interact with our black friends and family. My multinational friends have told me that the problem is heightened in Asia and eastern bloc Europe, likely due to cultural isolation.

All of this seems to indicate that penetrating those markets could very well present a real challenge. Even in the US, there is a seemingly incomprehensible 30% of the country that has abandoned all mores to support a man who contradicts everything they've espoused their entire lives. It's horrifying, because I am related to these people, and they offhandedly dismiss the clear contradictions. Having seen it, lived it, and heard more about it overseas, I can see people offhandedly dismissing the film, too.

There you go, labeling every Trump supporter a racists.

I never said that they were racist, just that Trump contradicts their mores.



CosmicSex said:
Nighthawk117 said:
Yet another superhero movie, yawn. Hollywood is devoid of fresh ideas.

Actually Black Panther is new.  I don't mind super hero movies I just don't want to see the same thing over and over again like the 3 spiderman reboots. 

And its not just superhero movies.  Hollywood really has a problem with reboots.  But, that raises a good question:  Is Hollywood responding that way because of lack of creativity or because what it knows people will pay to go see.  I mean money rules the world.  I doubt we would get so many reboots if people stopped going to see them.   What do you think the problem is?

Here's my two cents:  Hollywood, like all businesses, follows the money, and right now the money is in proven profitable franchises like super hero movies.

Think about it.  What age bracket goes to the movies? Answer: teenagers & young adults.  So, Hollywood is catering to this crowd,  If it's superhero movies they want, then it's superhero movies they get.  

I somewhat blame myself for the current situation.  When I was a teen, I saw Superman & Batman at the theatre.  I loved seeing those films with my friends.

Lastly, what really bugs me is think about how many actors have portrayed Batman.......How many have portrayed Superman........How many have portrayed Spiderman..etc.

In my opinion, Christopher Reeve was the best Superman; Christian Bale was the best Batman, and take your pick on the best Spidey.

Last edited by Nighthawk117 - on 20 February 2018

elazz said:
It's gonna break many records across the world. Will probably be the highest non avengers superhero movie

Not without China.



Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

If this is what BP can do, infinity war is gonna smash all records.