By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Black Panther Shatters Box Office Projections

This is very sad. Not because a movie with a majority black characters is successful, because I totally and wholeheartedly promote that.

But I am sad because the success is largely due to all the white SJWs who always go all-in to "help" PoC and reviewers therefore gave this film artificially and outrageously positive reviews just because it's a celebration of black people, instead of reviewing it on its merits as a movie.

And some reviewers refrained from criticising the movie and from giving it the typical less-than-stellar review scores that characterize Super-hero movies, because of fear of being called a racist and a bigot due to the perverse atmosphere we have in the modern West, where everything that is multicultural or foreign simply must be praised or hell breaks lose (see the reviews of the game Kingdom Come: Deliverance, where the developers are accused of racism because they didn't include PoC in a game that takes place in Middle age central Europe).

Around the Network
Slimebeast said:
This is very sad. Not because a movie with a majority black characters is successful, because I totally and wholeheartedly promote that.

But I am sad because the success is largely due to all the white SJWs who always go all-in to "help" PoC and reviewers therefore gave this film artificially and outrageously positive reviews just because it's a celebration of black people, instead of reviewing it on its merits as a movie.

And some reviewers refrained from criticising the movie and from giving it the typical less-than-stellar review scores that characterize Super-hero movies, because of fear of being called a racist and a bigot due to the perverse atmosphere we have in the modern West, where everything that is multicultural or foreign simply must be praised or hell breaks lose (see the reviews of the game Kingdom Come: Deliverance, where the developers are accused of racism because they didn't include PoC in a game that takes place in Middle age central Europe).

Or maybe, just maybe it's because it's a very good entry in one of the most succesful movie franchises of all time (it had three entries last year - all three made more than 800 million dollars wordlwide). I mean, that could also be a possibility.

Out of curiosity, have you seen the movie? If so, how do you think it holds up compared to other MCU movies?

Slimebeast said:

I can read between the lines of what your saying here and your post tells me everything i need to know about who you are as a person.  This movie for the record is a great movie that succeeds because its well written, acted, directed, and scored beautifully.   Using SJW's as a deflection point to undercut a movie that was so good than tons of non comic book fans showed up and enjoyed it is very telling to me.

Slimebeast said:

Or, it was successful because people like it.  It can't possibly be that hun?  Now, if a white person like a black film, they are wrong?  Please step off.  The white SJW and white bigots deserve each other because they try to ruin everything for everyone else.  I just saw an all black movie called Proud Mary and guess what:  IT WAS FUCKING HORRIBLE and everyone said it was.  Just stop.    By the same damn token, if something is all white it is NOT above reproach or questioning. 

Black Panther has already surpassed the worldwide grosses of MCU movies Thor, Captain America: The First Avenger, Ant-Man, and its domestic total—in just two weeks of release, mind you—is higher than Thor: Ragnarok’s entire domestic run of $314 million. Ragnarok went on to gross $853.5 million worldwide, so it’ll be incredibly interesting to see where Black Panther ends up—$1 billion feels like lowballing it.

http://collider.com/black-panther-box-office-friday/#annihilation

Around the Network
CosmicSex said:
Slimebeast said:

Or, it was successful because people like it.  It can't possibly be that hun?  Now, if a white person like a black film, they are wrong?  Please step off.  The white SJW and white bigots deserve each other because they try to ruin everything for everyone else.  I just saw an all black movie called Proud Mary and guess what:  IT WAS FUCKING HORRIBLE and everyone said it was.  Just stop.    By the same damn token, if something is all white it is NOT above reproach or questioning. 

In America, a solid 30% of the citizenry blindly hates SJWs, yet it had one of the best openings of all time.

We don't even have enough black people and SJWs to justify that they alone propped this move up lol.

If anything, it's success has been suppressed by people who go all-in to deprive PoC.

Insidb said:
CosmicSex said:

In America, a solid 30% of the citizenry blindly hates SJWs, yet it had one of the best openings of all time.

We don't even have enough black people and SJWs to justify that they alone propped this move up lol.

If anything, it's success has been suppressed by people who go all-in to deprive PoC.

This.  People have gone completely apeshit over SJW.  They want to have something to be scared of and its getting tiring to watch.  Its blind hate and fear.  It is unjustified and isn't based on reason.  There is no massive army out to get them.  But they have taught us how, if we were bad guys, to control people with fear. 

CosmicSex said:
Insidb said:

This.  People have gone completely apeshit over SJW.  They want to have something to be scared of and its getting tiring to watch.  Its blind hate and fear.  It is unjustified and isn't based on reason.  There is no massive army out to get them.  But they have taught us how, if we were bad guys, to control people with fear. 

Here's my question, because it's rarely a debate and usually a talking point: what is it about "SJW" that's a fundamental problem?

Do people hate social justice and prefer injustice? Do they hate warriors and are pacifists?

There should literally be nothing controversial about the term SJW.

Insidb said:
CosmicSex said:

Here's my question, because it's rarely a debate and usually a talking point: what is it about "SJW" that's a fundamental problem?

Do people hate social justice and prefer injustice? Do they hate warriors and are pacifists?

Naw.  Its just term assigned to a make believe movement that straight white men are under attack.  It is the idea that the presence of the other is the attack on white men in and of it self.  Its that inclusion is by default an attack on straight white men.  it doesn't have room for reason.

CosmicSex said:
Insidb said:

Naw.  Its just term assigned to a make believe movement that straight white men are under attack.  It is the idea that the presence of the other is the attack on white men in and of it self.  Its that inclusion is by default an attack on straight men. 

Ah, the good old MRA!