By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - [PoTW] Have you been watching the 2018 Winter Olympics?

Been watching the 2018 Winter Olympics?

Yes, often 190 13.00%

Yes, once in a while 315 21.55%

No, haven't had time 135 9.23%

No, not interested 712 48.70%

I didn't know they were on 110 7.52%

Total:1,462

Surprisingly, no. Not at all. I didn't even know they began until a couple of days had passed and they were talking about who won what medal.

I watch the Summer Olympics nonstop. *Shrugs*

Around the Network

I have never watched Olympics or any other athletic events, or racing cars or pretty much any other so called "sports" whose real name is "money-related-businesses". It's boring and just like so called reality TV it is phony as hell. On top of being just business it's also politicized which makes it even worse but hey, whatever pleases the masses, right?

Ka-pi96 said:
Aeolus451 said:
No point. There's no summer version of volleyball.

Are you saying you want beach volleyball at the winter olympics? Why not just ask for snow volleyball instead?

Well, they had it there but the women are wearing pants. 😭

http://time.com/5160359/snow-volleyball-winter-olympics-2018/

pastro243 said:
Zkuq said:
I'd watch ice hockey despite the absence of NHL players, but broadcast times are pretty bad.

Why don't NHL players play?

Because NHL doesn't want to have a two-week break and no agreement could be found about it.

Ka-pi96 said:
Aeolus451 said:

Well, they had it there but the women are wearing pants. 😭

http://time.com/5160359/snow-volleyball-winter-olympics-2018/

Really, snow volleyball is actually a thing? Wow, I'm surprised

And of course they're wearing pants, it's not the nude olympics (which is probably actually a thing too now ).

I like some clothes, leaves something to the imagination. I think they'll change the uniforms to something like the summer version eventually. Plenty of women wear bikinis in the snow....

Around the Network

I'm tuning in rather often, though the time zone differences are quite the deal breaker.

Lyrics: He He He He Ha Ha Ha!                                                                  

I don't watch it. I'm more of a summer olympics fan than a winter because more categories interest me in the summer olympics

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

I'm Norwegian, of course i am watching.

I'm a sports fan. But I don't care about the Olympics.

CrazyGamer2017 said:
I have never watched Olympics or any other athletic events, or racing cars or pretty much any other so called "sports" whose real name is "money-related-businesses". It's boring and just like so called reality TV it is phony as hell. On top of being just business it's also politicized which makes it even worse but hey, whatever pleases the masses, right?

All forms of entertainment are "money-related-businesses".