Forums - General Discussion - [PoTW] Have you been watching the 2018 Winter Olympics?

Been watching the 2018 Winter Olympics?

Yes, often 190 13.00%

Yes, once in a while 315 21.55%

No, haven't had time 135 9.23%

No, not interested 712 48.70%

I didn't know they were on 110 7.52%

Total:1,462

I don't watch it. I'm more of a summer olympics fan than a winter because more categories interest me in the summer olympics

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Around the Network

I'm Norwegian, of course i am watching.

Nothing to see here, move along

I'm a sports fan. But I don't care about the Olympics.

CrazyGamer2017 said:
I have never watched Olympics or any other athletic events, or racing cars or pretty much any other so called "sports" whose real name is "money-related-businesses". It's boring and just like so called reality TV it is phony as hell. On top of being just business it's also politicized which makes it even worse but hey, whatever pleases the masses, right?

All forms of entertainment are "money-related-businesses".

HomokHarcos said:

Either Olympics, or just the winter one?

Bet Shiken that COD would outsell Battlefield in 2018. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8749702

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
HomokHarcos said:

Either Olympics, or just the winter one?

The Olympics in general, summer and winter.

Yes, and as always I‘m impressed by Norway. Most efficient and diverse winter sports nation.

Zkuq said:
pastro243 said:

Why don't NHL players play?

Because NHL doesn't want to have a two-week break and no agreement could be found about it.

I see, I thought it was some rule like the one for football in the summer ones, where only 3 players per squad can be over 23 y/o

Does the StarCraft II - Tournament that ran a week before the opening ceremony count? It was broadcasted on the official website.

German YouTuber and Streamer:
StarCraft and Fallout 4 currently.

Me trying to write reviews:
Octopath Traveler

Amazon thread

Nope, don't really watch the winter olympics. I don't watch TV at all, but sometimes my wife puts something on and I can listen to it in the background.

Reading some responses in here, it seems like a lot of people feel strongly for their home country, myself included. I wonder if it's the media that portrays to everyone that their country is the best, or if it's something else?

But isn't America truly the best? I've been taught we have the biggest military, the most money, and the most medals.