Forums - Sales Discussion - Sony was the 2nd highest mobile publisher in Japan in January

Shadow8 said:
estebxx said:

Good luck getting Illya (she is adorable), you playing on JP? wanna share friend codes?.

Thanks man! And yea I'm playing on JP.

My friend code is 531,394,987, the more friends the better

Friend request sent.



Around the Network

1300 apps though, and are hardly beating companies with a 3rd.



think-man said:
1300 apps though, and are hardly beating companies with a 3rd.

To be fair, we don't know the gap in revenue between 2nd and 3rd. 

I would like to see the revenue figures .



Sony going third party now!



Pocky Lover Boy! 

think-man said:
1300 apps though, and are hardly beating companies with a 3rd.

Sony are a multimedia company and hardware conglomerate. No wonder they have many apps. But most of the revenue is from Fate Grand Order, which has repeatedly been explicitly mentioned in their financial reports for driving increased profitability in their music division. (Yes, their biggest mobile game is published by their music division).



Around the Network
estebxx said:
Shadow8 said:

Thanks man! And yea I'm playing on JP.

My friend code is 531,394,987, the more friends the better

Friend request sent.

Accepted :)



 

Kyuu said:

The power of Waifu. I bet they're working on a AAA Fate GO game behind the scenes for the PS4. It will come in two versions: Grand Waifu and Waifu Order!

And then Nintendo loyalists will complain again about Sony copying Nintendo. I mean:

Fate GO = Pokemon Go (Please don't ruin the joke)
Grand Waifu/Waifu Order = Black/White, Sun/Moon, etc/ect.

It's a justified complaint I say.

You joke but i would kill for a a big budget Fate game on PS4, the animes done by Ufotable are some of the most visually impressive animes out there, like big budget movie tier quality... and i just wish their console games were up to par, (not just visually but also on gameplay of course) in fact part of the reason why im sure Fate GO became such a hit is because graphics and gameplay are some of the best on mobile out there, (i wont mention story or characters because those are obviously the strongest points of the game).

Shadow8 said:
estebxx said:

Friend request sent.

Accepted :)

I cant find you on my friends list, whats your in game usarname? i saw it when i first added it but i dont remember what it was lol, also you rolling for Fujino or Shiki?



estebxx said:

Kyuu said:

 

You joke but i would kill for a a big budget Fate game on PS4, the animes done by Ufotable are some of the most visually impressive animes out there, like big budget movie tier quality... and i just wish their console games were up to par, (not just visually but also on gameplay of course) in fact part of the reason why im sure Fate GO became such a hit is because graphics and gameplay are some of the best on mobile out there, (i wont mention story or characters because those are obviously the strongest points of the game).

I wasn't joking. Sony's first million seller in ages is about to explode, and sell more PS4's than Monster Hunter World! Fate waifus in HD glory + physics > dragons and dinosaurs. Just you wait to be mind blown by TGS 2019..

It's going to have some crafty connectivity functions with FGO that will persuade the mobile playerbase to buy it. Think things like having exclusive/timed-exclusive Servants whom you can only get on FGO by unlocking and transferring them from Fate-PS4 ;D

If players already spend hundreds -and even thousands- of dollars to get rare Servants through gambling, I'm sure they wouldn't mind spending $60 + a PS4 for a few guaranteed exclusive Servants even if they're initially reluctant about buying the game itself. Conversely, Sony can allow players to transfer some Servants and other stuff from FGO to Fate-PS4 so as to reward the mobile players and get them into the game.

On a side note, I'm surprised they aren't willing to implement multiplayer into the mobile game. I think it should be achievable with some balancing work and MP specific rules.

.
.
.
.
.
.

Okay.. let me to apologize for raising your hopes up



Kyuu said:

On a side note, I'm surprised they aren't willing to implement multiplayer into the mobile game. I think it should be achievable with some balancing work and MP specific rules.

They gave a perfectly valid reason a couple of years ago (which i completely agree with) as to why they dont want to add multiplayer, and basically they dont want the extra SALT in the game, so let me give you some examples...

Say someone spent 500 dollars to get some waifus and good servants and now feels ready for MP, well the truth is... he will inevitably get destroyed by people who just paid far more (several thousands) and obviously have way better teams and CEs, (which will in turn make him feel like he just wasted 500 dollars... which isnt exactly something you want for your players), not to mention F2P players will feel completely outclassed.

At the end of the day this game is basically a pay to win game, only that normally it doesnt feel like it because you are playing against the A.I and arent competing against other players, but it has something worse than your regular P2W game and its the fact that you dont get to chose what you buy, but instead its just a gacha so there can be the case of people who spent more and still cant beat other people who just had better luck, leading to even more salt, basically MP would just devolve into people getting more salty and actually calling for the nerfing of several characters (which is something DW CANT do).

They also said that they want the people to just enjoy the game as a community and not have it as a competition, which can lead to a lot of salt (because money is involved, and sometimes a LOT of it).



All mobile games are trash they don't even exist to me.