Forums - Sales Discussion - Sony was the 2nd highest mobile publisher in Japan in January

estebxx said:
Kyuu said:

On a side note, I'm surprised they aren't willing to implement multiplayer into the mobile game. I think it should be achievable with some balancing work and MP specific rules.

They gave a perfectly valid reason a couple of years ago (which i completely agree with) as to why they dont want to add multiplayer, and basically they dont want the extra SALT in the game, so let me give you some examples...

Say someone spent 500 dollars to get some waifus and good servants and now feels ready for MP, well the truth is... he will inevitably get destroyed by people who just paid far more (several thousands) and obviously have way better teams and CEs, (which will in turn make him feel like he just wasted 500 dollars... which isnt exactly something you want for your players), not to mention F2P players will feel completely outclassed.

At the end of the day this game is basically a pay to win game, only that normally it doesnt feel like it because you are playing against the A.I and arent competing against other players, but it has something worse than your regular P2W game and its the fact that you dont get to chose what you buy, but instead its just a gacha so there can be the case of people who spent more and still cant beat other people who just had better luck, leading to even more salt, basically MP would just devolve into people getting more salty and actually calling for the nerfing of several characters (which is something DW CANT do).

They also said that they want the people to just enjoy the game as a community and not have it as a competition, which can lead to a lot of salt (because money is involved, and sometimes a LOT of it).

I agree that competitiveness can risk intoxicating the community, but nerfing and upgrading Servants specifically for MP wouldn't be a bad idea. It'd just take a lot of additional efforts from the developers to get it all balanced out due to the enormous character roster. Subdividing PvP into several segments could also help keeping things fair between players. It's really not a case of "more is worse" If someone feels their team isn't good enough for PvP, then they can simply stick to single player!

I used to play Fairy Tail. The countless flaws aside, it had an enjoyable PvP mode despite the lack of actual player involvement during battles. I constantly ranked 2nd/3rd on the leaderboards before quitting. Now I also quit FGO due in part to lack of PvP.

Around the Network
pokoko said:
An incredibly volatile market, though. It's all about finding that next big hit. Speaking of which, it's kind of interesting that some people before were predicting Nintendo would soon dominate the mobile market in Japan but it's Sony that comes out of left field with a touchdown strike on a sudden fast break.

Sony has like 100 times as many apps as Nintendo though.

Ruggarell said:
All mobile games are trash they don't even exist to me.

You tried out ALL mobile games? Respect!

Kyuu said:

I agree that competitiveness can risk intoxicating the community, but nerfing and upgrading Servants specifically for MP wouldn't be a bad idea. It'd just take a lot of additional efforts from the developers to get it all balanced out due to the enormous character roster. Subdividing PvP into several segments could also help keeping things fair between players. It's really not a case of "more is worse" If someone feels their team isn't good enough for PvP, then they can simply stick to single player!

I used to play Fairy Tail. The countless flaws aside, it had an enjoyable PvP mode despite the lack of actual player involvement during battles. I constantly ranked 2nd/3rd on the leaderboards before quitting. Now I also quit FGO due in part to lack of PvP.

It would be a really bad idea considering the people who spend hundreds or thousands of dollars getting some of those characters, i mean they would completely feel robbed if the OP team they spent so much money on isnt exactly OP anymore, just think about the NP levels and how that works, imagine someone who went the extra mile and didnt just spent a couple hundred dollars getting his waifu, but instead spent more than a thousand dollars getting her to NP5 only to later get nerfed on MP.

thanks to this thread I'm installing Fate GO. Gotta catch all the waifu

Around the Network
estebxx said:

Kyuu said:

It would be a really bad idea considering the people who spend hundreds or thousands of dollars getting some of those characters, i mean they would completely feel robbed if the OP team they spent so much money on isnt exactly OP anymore, just think about the NP levels and how that works, imagine someone who went the extra mile and didnt just spent a couple hundred dollars getting his waifu, but instead spent more than a thousand dollars getting her to NP5 only to later get nerfed on MP.

The nerf/adjustments should be exclusive to PvP. For single-player, everything will remain exactly as it was.. so why would anyone feel robbed? It's not like people bought those Servants with a future PvP mode in mind, which was never promised in the first place. They got what they willingly gambled for.

Also, Interludes already serve to slightly diminish the gap between overpowered Servants and weaker ones. So how is upgrading weaker 4*/5* Servants to balance PvP a bad idea when it's already taking place -albeit to a small extent- through Interludes? Upgrading a weaker Servant is in and by itself an indirect way to nerf a more powerful Servant.

OT:

FGO is January's highest grossing mobile game.... globally.

Kyuu said:

The nerf/adjustments should be exclusive to PvP. For single-player, everything will remain exactly as it was.. so why would anyone feel robbed? It's not like people bought those Servants with a future PvP mode in mind, which was never promised in the first place. They got what they willingly gambled for.

Also, Interludes already serve to slightly diminish the gap between overpowered Servants and weaker ones. So how is upgrading weaker 4*/5* Servants to balance PvP a bad idea when it's already taking place -albeit to a small extent- through Interludes? Upgrading a weaker Servant is in and by itself an indirect way to nerf a more powerful Servant.

I completely understand we are talking about changes only for PVP, and i agree with almost everyting you have to say, but at the end of the day it comes down to perspective, do you think people wont complain if they get their characters nerfed for PVP?  in the case of DW they do believe there will be some individuals (who probably paid a lot of money), who wont like the fact their characters got nerfed for PVP, (even if they got their characters before PVP was announced), because at the end of the day those guys paid for an advantage, and DW doesnt think they would be ok with not having said advantage on all aspects of the game.

If you dont agree thats ok, but thats the reason they gave us, arguing beyond this point would be useless because im not a representative from DW or Type Moon, anything else i could tell you would just be my own subjective interpretation, and i think we are trying to get to the truth here and not what i think about it.

Kyuu said:

OT:

Impressive (even though Its not the first time they  have reached the top) this time they did it without anything major, in January we only had the hype of the announcement of the second part of the game, and indeed a completely new 5 star servant, however that servant is completely new with no previous backstory or appearances on the game, all the other times they reached the top was with the release of a highgly anticipated (obvuously already known) character in the franchise.

estebxx said:
Kyuu said:

I completely understand we are talking about changes only for PVP, and i agree with almost everyting you have to say, but at the end of the day it comes down to perspective, do you think people wont complain if they get their characters nerfed for PVP?  in the case of DW they do believe there will be some individuals (who probably paid a lot of money), who wont like the fact their characters got nerfed for PVP, (even if they got their characters before PVP was announced), because at the end of the day those guys paid for an advantage, and DW doesnt think they would be ok with not having said advantage on all aspects of the game.

If you dont agree thats ok, but thats the reason they gave us, arguing beyond this point would be useless because im not a representative from DW or Type Moon, anything else i could tell you would just be my own subjective interpretation, and i think we are trying to get to the truth here and not what i think about it.

Kyuu said:

OT:

-snip-

Impressive (even though Its not the first time they  have reached the top) this time they did it without anything major, in January we only had the hype of the announcement of the second part of the game, and indeed a completely new 5 star servant, however that servant is completely new with no previous backstory or appearances on the game, all the other times they reached the top was with the release of a highgly anticipated (obvuously already known) character in the franchise.

Yeah the game's unstoppable. Btw Sega recently announced the release date of FGO Arcade. If this eventually makes its way into consoles, then it will remove any suspicions of Type Moon having an exclusivity deal with Marvelous, and Sony will no longer have a good excuse to not step in and fund their own console Fate.

Last edited by Kyuu - on 21 February 2018

Many people dont know that finance and loans is where they make their most money.