By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - A Full, Concise Explanation On Bayonetta's Publishing Rights And Long Development.

It's been a long time since the last precise explanations for PG themselves. I wonder why Kamiya feels the need to go over the whole story again? Are they still under fire?

In any case, he reveals 2 tremendously important things :
- Unfinished PS & XB versions of Bayonetta 2 do exist as I was saying 6 years ago. It's unclear why Sega decided to cancel them but they definitively own the rights for those.
- Unlike for Bayonetta 2, Sega hasn't even considered the multiplatform option for 3. That would mean they still don't expect much from the IP and aren't ready to invest anything, sadly. Maybe MHW success will make them have a change of heart...

Around the Network

I personally couldn't give a shit about his explanation since Bayonetta doesn't interest me in the slightest as a franchise unlike the older DMC series he worked on ...

Last edited by fatslob-:O - on 13 February 2018

ryuzaki57 said:
It's been a long time since the last precise explanations for PG themselves. I wonder why Kamiya feels the need to go over the whole story again? Are they still under fire?

- Unfinished PS & XB versions of Bayonetta 2 do exist as I was saying 6 years ago. It's unclear why Sega decided to cancel them but they definitively own the rights for those.
- Unlike for Bayonetta 2, Sega hasn't even considered the multiplatform option for 3. That would mean they still don't expect much from the IP and aren't ready to invest anything, sadly. Maybe MHW success will make them have a change of heart...

Maybe with Bayonetta 4. But 2 and 3 will be Nintendo exclusives forever

Click HERE and be happy 

ryuzaki57 said:

It may have just been a tech demo or a proof-of-concept, it doesn't mean that Sega were seriously considering finishing it. And Nintendo were obviously satisfied enough with 2 to fund a 3rd one, and I'm happy that we're getting a third-game at all. Now, if I didn't have a Switch, yeah it may be a loss, but the way I look at it I will never be able to get every game I want anyway so it is not the end of the world.

Bayonetta 2 was announced as a Nintendo exclusive in 2012, and here we are in 2018 still having the same conversations we had back then. Surely it's long past time people reached the acceptance stage and moved on. 

If you want to play Bayonetta 2 and 3 that badly, just get a Switch.

Around the Network

Hideki Kamiya should have just done this from the start, as it may have cut some of the PS4/XBO port requestings. Although I'm sure Kamiya did make such comments before on why Bayo 2 was exclusive to the Wii U and now Switch, along with Bayo 3.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Seriously its been 5 years people. Its clear Bayonetta 2 is never gonna go multiplat, same goes for 3.If you really want to play the Bayonetta sequels that much just buy a switch. In fact take Kamiya's advice.

Cloudman said:
Hideki Kamiya should have just done this from the start, as it may have cut some of the PS4/XBO port requestings. Although I'm sure Kamiya did make such comments before on why Bayo 2 was exclusive to the Wii U and now Switch, along with Bayo 3.

Sorry, unrelated, but I can't over that profile pic. I just finished marathoning the popteam episodes with a couple of friends about a few hours ago and casually have been seeing vids and pics since then. Literally me reading the comments while doing work and turning to see your pic. I thought I was going crazy for a second lol.

OT: Yea, Kamiya and PlatiinumGames have explained it before in the past, but I think this is the first time he's been this cordial about it. I hope its informative enough to quell the demand. I personally don't mind if people want a port, my issue is more towards the direct requests and/or demands towards PG, whose hands really are tied.

Last edited by Dravenet7 - on 14 February 2018

How oddly diplomatic .

curl-6 said:

Bayonetta 2 was announced as a Nintendo exclusive in 2012, and here we are in 2018 still having the same conversations we had back then. Surely it's long past time people reached the acceptance stage and moved on. 

If you want to play Bayonetta 2 and 3 that badly, just get a Switch.

We could say the same for just about any game, except it won't stop people on here or anywhere else, in asking for a port of a game to their system of choice.

There is always someone who says they'll wait for a PS4/X1/PC/Switch version. Always is, always will be.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"