By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - A Full, Concise Explanation On Bayonetta's Publishing Rights And Long Development.

Chazore said:
HoangNhatAnh said:

Yeah, triangle is way better than square, Bayonetta 3 is happening, not 4 anyway

Yeah, now you're going way off track on the topic at hand. 

I see no reason to take any response he gives any consideration or consider it serious.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:

I see no reason to take any response he gives any consideration or consider it serious.

He's just another line of people that love twisting people in circles, thinking that what he's doing totally doesn't count as trolling, while also trying to get the last word.

Normally I wouldn't bother, but he's clearly going down that road mentioned above.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Chazore said:
DonFerrari said:

He's just another line of people that love twisting people in circles, thinking that what he's doing totally doesn't count as trolling, while also trying to get the last word.

Normally I wouldn't bother, but he's clearly going down that road mentioned above.

I can't disagree...

We may disagree on a lot of things regarding PC vs Console gaming, but at least they aren't circular argumentation that goes nowhere.

Anyway... do you think when Nintendo picked Bayo2 to fund they contracted Bayo3, got priority or the sales were low again and only Nintendo wanted to fund the 3rd one?

Also about people talking on Nintendo saving it, that also goes to the dev not making a competent game that wouldn't need saving.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

DonFerrari said:
Chazore said:

I can't disagree...

We may disagree on a lot of things regarding PC vs Console gaming, but at least they aren't circular argumentation that goes nowhere.

Anyway... do you think when Nintendo picked Bayo2 to fund they contracted Bayo3, got priority or the sales were low again and only Nintendo wanted to fund the 3rd one?

Also about people talking on Nintendo saving it, that also goes to the dev not making a competent game that wouldn't need saving.

Using your line of thought do you agree that Nintendo's games are a lot better than Sony's? After all, they sell much more. 

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides

DonFerrari said:

I can't disagree...

I honestly just think that Sega is more than happy to lend their I{'s to those willing to toss money into their hat.

I mean, look at Games Workshop, they are lending out their IP's for their hit/miss strategy, and Sega has been picking those up from those guys as one example.

I don't however, believe that Bayo will be tied to Nintendo for all eternity, simply because time changes everything. Final Fantasy used to be a Nintendo series, but then it went to PS, then Xbox and PC. Time changed that franchise a lot, and it's also changed where games have come and gone from and towards.

Besides that, the massive key point Ninty fans are forgetting here, is that Sega has not handed over the franchise and branding rights to Nintendo. If they did, it'd make headlines and it would be well known, but that hasn't come to pass, so as far as things go, they only own the code to 2-3. The user who loves going around in circles seems to believe that they own bayo 1 as well, when that version came out years before the Switch was even a concept, and it was made for the 360 first, with the port to PS3 being outsourced. The only thing Ninty paid for the first game, was the Japanese language version. They don't own the first game exclusively and they never will either, as it's available on more than 4 platforms already. 

I totally get the "without X company, game wouldn't be made" logic, but at the same time, it can easily be super simplified (and it will always be when you bring it back to it's basic form) to "without money", money which everyone needs, money which makes the world go round etc. Without crowdfunding from PC users, Switch and other systems wouldn't get those games, that no other publisher dared to make let alone fund, but you don't hear gratitude from some of them. You get "where's the Switch version?".

Like, I can totally imagine, that if a company wants to make more money elsewhere, they'll see to it that they supply for the demand. But a crowdfunding thing isn't something you can take control of. it's what the devs set the goals out to be. That isn't to say that there wouldn't entirely be no Switch version of a crowdfunded game, but if there isn't a chance, that would then be up to Nintendo to step in and offer funding for a port, because unlike the console side, PC has to fund it's own games, or fund lesser known publishers to take on a project. Consoles have to rely on one of the big 3 opening their wallet for their consumer base.

That went on a bit longer than I thought it would. I've really got to cut down on these walls. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network
Alkibiádēs said:
DonFerrari said:

I can't disagree...

Using your line of thought do you agree that Nintendo's games are a lot better than Sony's? After all, they sell much more. 

Depends on your interpretation of better.

In what paragraph am I associating sales with quality just for starter?

But if you are talking about Nintendo being more competent to understand what will sell more SW on their system against Sony sure, there is little dispute to this fact.

Chazore said:
DonFerrari said:

I can't disagree...

I honestly just think that Sega is more than happy to lend their I{'s to those willing to toss money into their hat.

I mean, look at Games Workshop, they are lending out their IP's for their hit/miss strategy, and Sega has been picking those up from those guys as one example.

I don't however, believe that Bayo will be tied to Nintendo for all eternity, simply because time changes everything. Final Fantasy used to be a Nintendo series, but then it went to PS, then Xbox and PC. Time changed that franchise a lot, and it's also changed where games have come and gone from and towards.

Besides that, the massive key point Ninty fans are forgetting here, is that Sega has not handed over the franchise and branding rights to Nintendo. If they did, it'd make headlines and it would be well known, but that hasn't come to pass, so as far as things go, they only own the code to 2-3. The user who loves going around in circles seems to believe that they own bayo 1 as well, when that version came out years before the Switch was even a concept, and it was made for the 360 first, with the port to PS3 being outsourced. The only thing Ninty paid for the first game, was the Japanese language version. They don't own the first game exclusively and they never will either, as it's available on more than 4 platforms already. 

I totally get the "without X company, game wouldn't be made" logic, but at the same time, it can easily be super simplified (and it will always be when you bring it back to it's basic form) to "without money", money which everyone needs, money which makes the world go round etc. Without crowdfunding from PC users, Switch and other systems wouldn't get those games, that no other publisher dared to make let alone fund, but you don't hear gratitude from some of them. You get "where's the Switch version?".

Like, I can totally imagine, that if a company wants to make more money elsewhere, they'll see to it that they supply for the demand. But a crowdfunding thing isn't something you can take control of. it's what the devs set the goals out to be. That isn't to say that there wouldn't entirely be no Switch version of a crowdfunded game, but if there isn't a chance, that would then be up to Nintendo to step in and offer funding for a port, because unlike the console side, PC has to fund it's own games, or fund lesser known publishers to take on a project. Consoles have to rely on one of the big 3 opening their wallet for their consumer base.

That went on a bit longer than I thought it would. I've really got to cut down on these walls. 

On the first part of time changing strategy I can only agree, there may be a time where another platform will be more interested on the game than Nintendo or that no one will have interest in a sequel.

I'm not even sure Nintendo own the translation to japanese of the Bayo1 or if Sega just didn't had the interest to put it on the other versions (seeing as localization have been an issue for games getting out or inside Japan for several companies we can't be sure).

Yep there have been some crowdfunding and company funding that people ask for ports just to piss over devs. And there is also some legitimate request like a game fully funded by the dev or 3rd party publisher that stays exclusive to a platform... on those cases we usually see the publisher saying that if enough people ask for the port they may do it (not always happen of course), but I accept those cases as their strategic study showing the reward doesn't pay the risk.

Fortunate enough for the PC guys, Shenmue 3, SF V and FF VII that Sony stepped in to support also helped the PC version exist. I would say that this gen PC gamers have benefited from not being left out on the exclusivity deals.

At this point, it seems the topic has been exhausted, and I don't really see value in letting the discussion continue as it has for the last few posts. If you'd like to continue this topic with new information, feel free to start a new thread, but I don't see a need to keep this one open given the current state of the discussion.

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334