Forums - Gaming Discussion - A Full, Concise Explanation On Bayonetta's Publishing Rights And Long Development.

Where are the tweets?.

Also why did it take him this long to come out and act like an actual adult?. Why didn't he do this from the start?.

I guess the same crowd is going to praise him now, just like they praised him when he acted like an asshat to others. no doubt this will be used as ammo against those that don't port to the Switch either (like a certain recent thread)

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Nintendo sharing the copyright for Bayonetta 2 and 3 with Sega means that Nintendo has the final say over which platforms the games can appear on.

Why is it that Nintendo gets the final say over Sega if the copyright is shared?

Dunno about you guys, But I don't see anything at all.

...not that an explanation was needed to begin with.

edit: well, it can all be said in just one word, "NIntendo".

Chazore said:
Where are the tweets?.

Also why did it take him this long to come out and act like an actual adult?. Why didn't he do this from the start?.

I guess the same crowd is going to praise him now, just like they praised him when he acted like an asshat to others. no doubt this will be used as ammo against those that don't port to the Switch either (like a certain recent thread)

Kamiya had clarified everything about Bayonetta 2 right from the start, but lots of people who posted on Twitter refused to understand the reasoning for the exclusivity and kept pestering him about ports. Of course, what made it into the news were Kamiya's reactions to the constant stupidity he had to deal with.

The reason why he reposted a full explanation is because Bayonetta 1+2 release on Switch this week.

Barkley said:
RolStoppable said:
Nintendo sharing the copyright for Bayonetta 2 and 3 with Sega means that Nintendo has the final say over which platforms the games can appear on.

Why is it that Nintendo gets the final say over Sega if the copyright is shared?

Because Nintendo wouldn't propose to bring the games to non-Nintendo platforms. That would be Sega, in which case Nintendo would be the party who responds. Hence why Nintendo has the final say in any realistic scenario.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Gamers Club

Barkley said:
RolStoppable said:

SEGA licensed the IP to Nintendo. Nintendo owns the code for 2 and 3.

Around the Network
SegataSanshiro said:
Barkley said:

They can own the code, but they don't own the brand, as no information on them buying out the entire IP and brand has been clarified. 

Chazore said:
SegataSanshiro said:

They can own the code, but they don't own the brand, as no information on them buying out the entire IP and brand has been clarified. 

Since they own the code Nintendo decided where Bayonetta 2 and 3 go. Kamiya has said it multiple times. If you want 2 and 3 on Sony or MS systems, Ask Nintendo. You may as well ask for Mario on PS4. Get over it.

SegataSanshiro said: Since they own the code Nintendo decided where Bayonetta 2 and 3 go. Kamiya has said it multiple times. If you want 2 and 3 on Sony or MS systems, Ask Nintendo. You may as well ask for Mario on PS4. Get over it.

I'm over it, and was a long time ago. I'm just trying to clear things up for you, because you seem to greatly misunderstand what ownership of an IP brand truly means. 

Also, the same applies right back at you. No need to beg for other titles, just get the system they are released on, simple as.

Chazore said:
SegataSanshiro said: Since they own the code Nintendo decided where Bayonetta 2 and 3 go. Kamiya has said it multiple times. If you want 2 and 3 on Sony or MS systems, Ask Nintendo. You may as well ask for Mario on PS4. Get over it.

I'm over it, and was a long time ago. I'm just trying to clear things up for you, because you seem to greatly misunderstand what ownership of an IP brand truly means. 

Also, the same applies right back at you. No need to beg for other titles, just get the system they are released on, simple as.

The misunderstanding is on your part and has been for a long time.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Gamers Club

Signalstar said:
I think it all goes back to the stupid decision to develop the game on 360. 360 was obviously easier to develop for but this kind of game had limited sales potential as a 360 exclusive. It's obvious why Sega wanted a PS3 version as well but the PS3 port was so shotty that it hurt its sales prospects even though it was on par with 360 sales. Had the PS3 version not sucked sales would have been better and Sega probably would have been in a better position to fund a multiplatform Bayonetta 2. Sega have a great relationship with Nintendo though so it makes sense that they could collaborate on the future IP.

I was thinking the same, developing ps3 focused last gen for the first game would have been great for the IP (having 360 port would have been ok clearly) and sales for future installments on ps4 or multiplatform.

Glad Nintendo invested though, they saved a great IP