By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - [PotW] On Which Continent Do You Live?

On Which Continent Do You Live?

North America 582 34.73%

South America 196 11.69%

Europe 707 42.18%

Asia 83 4.95%

Africa 21 1.25%

Oceania 54 3.22%

Antarctica/Outer Space/I ... 33 1.97%

Total:1,676

The one with the least amount of animals that try to kill you.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network
COKTOE said:
ironmanDX said:
Australia.

Oceania isn't a continent.

Neither is Europe, but I don't think anybody's brought it up.

Political continents, not geographical continents.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:
COKTOE said:

Neither is Europe, but I don't think anybody's brought it up.

Oh, you mean imagination continents. How is it even considered a political division when Russia and Turkey are transcontinental? I'm asking nicely. Not in an internet-y way. What a mess this is, and it's 2am here. I'm in trouble tomorrow.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

American vs European .

COKTOE said:
vivster said:

Oh, you mean imagination continents. How is it even considered a political division when Russia and Turkey are transcontinental? I'm asking nicely. Not in an internet-y way. What a mess this is, and it's 2am here. I'm in trouble tomorrow.

You could ask the same of national borders. It's just something that was defined to make things easier. Turkey and Russia are split in the political continents. And so is Egypt.

You can look up the different configurations here.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Continent#Number

In the end all of the configurations are arbitrary since they're all part of the same earth. But I believe the 7-continent configuration is the most widely spread.

Around the Network

I'm from Canada so North America. When I was very young, I was kinda confused about the fact that people from the United States called themselves Americans. I was thinking "I live in the Americas too, so I'm American as much as they are. Why don't they call themselves United States-ians of something."

Signature goes here!

Oneeee-Chan!!! said:

I live in island😁

Oh cool. All I can think about Iceland is hot springs and polar lights. Sorry, don't know much about it.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Nogamez said:
CrazyGamer2017 said:

I think some people are mistaking the EU and Europe. The EU is a union of some European countries but not all. The poll here does not ask if you live in the EU but whether you live in Europe, the continent and while you will be soon leaving the EU, you are still and will forever be part of the European block (At least for a few hundred of millions of years until plate tectonics do their part).

Are some so blinded by their anti-EU opinions that they don't even understand this obvious difference?

EDIT: Great idea for a poll OP, I wonder where you got the inspiration for it

Dude calm down. Also nah i live on an Island mate. Called England. It just happens to be near the European Continent. And like i say there is a thing called an ocean between us. Europe as a comtinent does not refer UK,Ireland or Iceland. So please get down of your high horse.

You're factual wrong. Even Islands on the continental shelf are counted towards that continent as geological unit. That means Iceland, Ireland and the UK are on the contonent of europe:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Europe

We could more discuss that Europe and Asia are actually one continent Eurasia. because from geological point of view they are.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

Ka-pi96 said:
Nogamez said:

Whats wrong with that? Are you one of those relics who think been a homosexual is a mental disease and woman should'nt leave the kitchen too? I live i continental Europe right now (Germany) and we are culturally different. No chavs here, very little crime, no weekend binge drinking, women dress a little more conservative on nights out, and I cant find a decent fry up anywhere. 

What's wrong with thinking you're one thing when the facts clearly state otherwise? Is that not obvious?

Yeah, not all European cultures are identical... I never said they were literally the same. They are very similar though. British culture is a lot closer to French or German than it is any African or Asian culture.

Definately similar to the Europeans, but yeah i dont know, I would probably identify myself more towards North American culture then i do European, mainly because of language, Hollywood, music, etc. 

Nogamez said:
S.Peelman said:

Your island isn't called "England". Also, there isn't an ocean between us, just a shallow piece of flooded land, and you're on the same tectonic plate. You are geographically part of the continent of Europe, like most of the Mediterranean Islands are. Iceland would be debatable, the British Isles aren't.

We will have to agree to disagree. Geographically i suppose we are part of Europe, but to me and most people in UK we dont see are selves as European. I dont think many UK people do at all. Its nothing to do with Anti Euro or brexit, just European to us is like spanish and french or german. I guess its like asking if a japanese person is from Australia cos he happens to be near that continent. 

But... Japan isn't near Australia at all.

BTW. Hawaii is as far as I know not positioned on an continental shelf, so they aren't counted towards any continent.