By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - [PotW] On Which Continent Do You Live?

On Which Continent Do You Live?

North America 582 34.73%

South America 196 11.69%

Europe 707 42.18%

Asia 83 4.95%

Africa 21 1.25%

Oceania 54 3.22%

Antarctica/Outer Space/I ... 33 1.97%

Total:1,676
Ka-pi96 said:
Farsala said:

Lifetime. To be more specific. I have lived all my life in midwest USA, with a few hours in LA and 18 days in Japan :P.

Ah, would you go back to Asia? Would you move elsewhere if you had the chance (Europe is nice by the way )?

I plan at least a year abroad. Either English in Japan or French/English in Europe.

Around the Network

European here, Central European to be exact - despite some arguing that we ain't part of Central Europe.

Ka-pi96 said:
Nogamez said:

We will have to agree to disagree. Geographically i suppose we are part of Europe, but to me and most people in UK we dont see are selves as European. I dont think many UK people do at all. Its nothing to do with Anti Euro or brexit, just European to us is like spanish and french or german. I guess its like asking if a japanese person is from Australia cos he happens to be near that continent. 

I've literally never met a Brit before that doesn't consider themselves European and I've lived here for 25 years

And your comparison is massively flawed... a better one would be asking if a Japanese person is Asian... and the answer would be yes they are of course Asian because Japan is in Asia

Ive literally never met a person who does consider themselves European and ive lived here 32 years. I dunno maybe its a regional thing.  And yes your asian thing does make more sense, but i stil dont consider myself "European". I just consider myself English first and British second. If you consider yourself European great for you and im not here to tell you that your not, or that you are. Differant strokes differant folks and all that.

Considering how North American people actually aren't the majority, it would be nice if news/articles took other into account better. What this is an excuse for is that I want UTC times instead of times for North American timezones, because everyone should be able to convert UTC times to their local time.

Oh, I'm European, in case you couldn't guess.

The British are the least likely Europeans to actually consider themselves European
uk.businessinsider.com › british-dont-thi...

For those who feel nessecary to question why i dont beleive im European, even though im from England. Apperently im in the Majority. British and apperrently Greece dont feel like they are European. However the article does refer to us as "Europeans" so technically yes im European, but i just cant class myself as that. Weird never really thought about this before, untill this poll. Anyways sorry OP is you feel ive derailed your thread. 

Around the Network
Nogamez said:
The British are the least likely Europeans to actually consider themselves European

For those who feel nessecary to question why i dont beleive im European, even though im from England. Apperently im in the Majority. British and apperrently Greece dont feel like they are European.

It's part of the Council of Europe:

Nogamez said:
S.Peelman said:

Your island isn't called "England". Also, there isn't an ocean between us, just a shallow piece of flooded land, and you're on the same tectonic plate. You are geographically part of the continent of Europe, like most of the Mediterranean Islands are. Iceland would be debatable, the British Isles aren't.

We will have to agree to disagree. Geographically i suppose we are part of Europe, but to me and most people in UK we dont see are selves as European. I dont think many UK people do at all. Its nothing to do with Anti Euro or brexit, just European to us is like spanish and french or german. I guess its like asking if a japanese person is from Australia cos he happens to be near that continent. 

No it would be asking a Japanese person if they feel Asian. Or a Filipino.

HomokHarcos said:
Nogamez said:

No it would be asking a Japanese person if they feel Asian. Or a Filipino.

Yes thank you that has been pointed out already.  I see your are Candian, do you identify yourself as Canadian or American, or both?

Last edited by Nogamez - on 11 February 2018

VGPolyglot said:
Nogamez said:

For those who feel nessecary to question why i dont beleive im European, even though im from England. Apperently im in the Majority. British and apperrently Greece dont feel like they are European.

It's part of the Council of Europe:

That it is. Its also part of the EU at the moment. So yes im from Europe. I was just pointing out that i cant vote in the poll for Europe because I ( and most of the UK) dont consider that we are part of Europe. Sorry if thats offends alot of people. Hence why we are leaving the EU soon.  

Europe here.

Lyrics: He He He He Ha Ha Ha!