By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - [PotW] On Which Continent Do You Live?

On Which Continent Do You Live?

North America 582 34.73%

South America 196 11.69%

Europe 707 42.18%

Asia 83 4.95%

Africa 21 1.25%

Oceania 54 3.22%

Antarctica/Outer Space/I ... 33 1.97%

Total:1,676
Nogamez said:

The British are the least likely Europeans to actually consider themselves European
uk.businessinsider.com › british-dont-thi...

For those who feel nessecary to question why i dont beleive im European, even though im from England. Apperently im in the Majority. British and apperrently Greece dont feel like they are European. However the article does refer to us as "Europeans" so technically yes im European, but i just cant class myself as that. Weird never really thought about this before, untill this poll. Anyways sorry OP is you feel ive derailed your thread. 

We are all migrants and all are connected, about 10k years ago all Europeans had black skin, it was only after Middle Eastern migrations about 6k years ago that lighter skin began to appear in Europe (excluding fair skinned Neanderthals)

DNA shows early Britons had dark skin 10k years ago, ancestor to many living in Britain today - BBC Science 

http://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-42939192 

Some of our DNA is ancient for the areas we live much of it more recently arrived, none of us are an island 

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
Nogamez said:

That it is. Its also part of the EU at the moment. So yes im from Europe. I was just pointing out that i cant vote in the poll for Europe because I ( and most of the UK) dont consider that we are part of Europe. Sorry if thats offends alot of people. Hence why we are leaving the EU soon.  

Sounds like those men that think they are women. Like it or not the UK is part of Europe, both geographically and culturally.

Whats wrong with that? Are you one of those relics who think been a homosexual is a mental disease and woman should'nt leave the kitchen too? I live i continental Europe right now (Germany) and we are culturally different. No chavs here, very little crime, no weekend binge drinking, women dress a little more conservative on nights out, and I cant find a decent fry up anywhere. 

North America.

Rab said:
Damn you missed a continent, how? (Australian)

I think Oceania includes Australia.

NobleTeam360 said:
Rab said:
Damn you missed a continent, how? (Australian)

The Australian Continent is its own or "real" geographic continent, Oceania is not commonly used to describe a continent, here in a Australia it is never used  

Around the Network

United States of America

Rab said:
NobleTeam360 said:

The Australian Continent is its own or "real" geographic continent, Oceania is not commonly used to describe a continent, here in a Australia it is never used  

I was just saying, don't shoot the messenger xD and yeah, Australia is what everyone I know calls it too, they don't say Oceania.

I go between Australia and Japan, mostly the former though so I guess I'll put that :P

Australia.

Oceania isn't a continent.

ironmanDX said:
Australia.

Oceania isn't a continent.

Neither is Europe, but I don't think anybody's brought it up.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."