By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Koei Tecmo “readily available to make titles available on Switch” with its own IPs or outside IPs

Just keep putting Gust Co.'s games on Switch and I'll be happy forever.

Around the Network

DW9 is not on the switch?

I would love for new Gundam Warriors please!

xMetroid said:
Mar1217 said:

I'm still in for that Star Fox Warriors game :)

Seeing how FE Warriors is underperforming i really dont think the next warrior game will be Starfox.

Imo, if they are smart, they will do a Mario Warriors or a Nintendo Warriors with every main characters. I think it won't come before 2019 but yea.

Or maybe they will make Hyrule Warriors 2 but with how much HW sold, there is no way they will stop. So Mario Warriors or Nintendo Warriors is next to me. Even if Fire emblem made more sense universe and gameplay wise, its not popular enough or atleast when there is no FE games on the platform, hopefully it will get a boost when the main game comes out.

Sorry but by what metric are you using to suggest that fire emblem warriors is underperforming?  

Ninja Gaiden 4 please

Around the Network
bowserthedog said:
xMetroid said:

Seeing how FE Warriors is underperforming i really dont think the next warrior game will be Starfox.

Imo, if they are smart, they will do a Mario Warriors or a Nintendo Warriors with every main characters. I think it won't come before 2019 but yea.

Or maybe they will make Hyrule Warriors 2 but with how much HW sold, there is no way they will stop. So Mario Warriors or Nintendo Warriors is next to me. Even if Fire emblem made more sense universe and gameplay wise, its not popular enough or atleast when there is no FE games on the platform, hopefully it will get a boost when the main game comes out.

Sorry but by what metric are you using to suggest that fire emblem warriors is underperforming?  

No one talks about it, it's not charting anymore on VgCharts and it disappeared from eShop charts after like 2 weeks.

Compared to HW it's really underperforming. 

So I guess I am the only one that took that statement to mean they have nothing built for the system or major in works.

xMetroid said:
bowserthedog said:

No one talks about it, it's not charting anymore on VgCharts and it disappeared from eShop charts after like 2 weeks.

It really is compared to Hyrule Warriors, but Zelda is a much bigger franchise than Fire Emblem. I love FEW though. I wish they could fix the 2 player problem though (not nearly enough enemies spawn... it's noticeably worse than 2P Hyrule Warriors on Wii U which I don't understand - these games are so much better Co-op).

On topic though, I like Koei Tecmo's products, so the more games the better! 
I've been thinking about purchasing Nights of Azure.. Anyone here try it?

1doesnotsimply

Mar1217 said:
xMetroid said:

Part of the reason FE Warriors didn't do as good were the release schedule and the focused roster.

They would need to release the next one in a dead month like February or Summer if they wish for better sales

Acevil said:
I would love for new Gundam Warriors please!

*Drool* yeeeaaasss ...

I'd say it's release was the biggest factor to it under performing. I've been saying for a while it would have been perfect for January, where they had no major games... It's actually pretty barren until Kirby. October 20th made no sense. 

As for another series to get the Warriors treatment. I've been thinking that Donkey Kong would be the best candidate. There is a huge roster of forgotten characters that would be awesome to see come back. They could also use the Animal Buddies as either different weapons, or even their own characters and have a pair up system similar to FEW.

1doesnotsimply

xMetroid said:
bowserthedog said:

Yeah but nobody would set the same standard for a similar Zelda IP compared with Fire Emblem. Zelda is one of the biggest franchises in gaming.  And Fire Emblem has a strong but small following.  I don't see the game as having under performed any realistic expectations.