By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I just beat Zelda: BotW, and the ending is absolute trash.

The ending to Zelda: BotW was...

Great 15 23.08%

Okay 26 40.00%

Disappointing 21 32.31%

Just play Frog's Theme on repeat, instead. 3 4.62%

Total:65

Best game ever made, and the ending was great too. It only missed the romance Zelink conclusion. That's the only thing that's wrong.

Around the Network

Its not a perfect game by any means. The combat system leaves a lot to be desired and the story is pretty much nonexistent, but exploring the huge world and all the stuff you can find and do is just so much fun. Its fine that there are things to improve on or else its all downhill from here.

I actually liked the ending itself. Just the final fight against Ganon was a bit underwhelming. On the other hand, i think the last battle in Twilight Princess really sucked, so there's that.

The one thing that really annoyed me repeatedly was the non-existing durability of the weapons. Not so much that they break but how fast it happens.

Zelda never had the strongest stories.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

I wouldnt say I was disappointed personally, but I did find it a bit a let down. It was just ''ok'' to me. Like others said,the let down of the game was the final boss fight.

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Around the Network

I'm at 125 hours, and the game is still as fun as 100 hours ago. I have never played any other game in which it's so nice to walk around, explore, and do whatever you want. The music and artstyle fit the game perfectly: they add to the relaxed, laid-back atmosphere. This is one of the few games where I never felt any pressure or frustration.

The story is implemented very well. You don't have to follow a complex story line. The story is actually the world itself: wherever you go, you learn something new about the world and about what happened. I'd consider the fact that the story is rather simple, to be a huge plus.

I also don't get what's wrong with the combat and the camera? There are few games in which these feel so natural and comfortable.

The gyroscope puzzles and thunderstorms suck. But that are the only flaws in the whole game I can think of right now.

Lonely_Dolphin said:

"interesting enemies" Ha, good one! However I agree that the game starts awesome but then goes downhill from there, not a steep hill mind you, though not for your reasons besides the story being lame. Basically after the first 15 hours the progression just stops. At that point you've likely seen pretty much everything the game has to offer in terms of weapon n enemy types, the sorts of puzzles n challenges you'll face, and so ons. It's just more of the same for the rest of the game. That's my biggest gripe with the game, but even so I overall enjoyed the 140 hours I put into it and it's easily my favorite Zelda.

Medisti said:

The lack of button mapping is inexcusable, though. No one can defend that.

Huh, I swear I remember changing the jump button to B specifically to help prepare for Splatoon 2.

Hey, now. Being snarky is my job. :p Context should have made it very clear I meant real button mapping, not swapping two buttons.

There is no ending

Your complains about the fighting system are pretty weak. If you’re having trouble getting swarmed, then don’t. The camera is fully in control of the player, so just adjust it how you see fit. You want to rely on dodging instead of shields? Then learn how to dodge! It’s risk-reward, one of the most fundamental design ideas.
Also complaining about 900 korok seeds is a stretch when you only really need a fraction of that for the useful rewards. The reason there are so many is to ensure players will stumble upon a reasonable number of them in their quest.
In relation to the shrines, I’d say even the crappy ones like the Tests of Strength are still rewarding because they give not only a fast-travel point, but also this game’s version of a heart piece a.k.a. the best reward in most zelda games

I make game analyses on youtube:

FFVI: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSO6n8kNCwk
Shadow of the Colossus: https://youtu.be/9kDBFGw6SXQ
Silent Hill 2: https://youtu.be/BwISCik3Njc
BotW: https://youtu.be/4auqRSAWYKU

I kind of agree, but then again... if you recovered all of your memories the ending is a bit better. Then again, all Souls games had way more anticlimactic endings. So it definitely felt like a Souls ending when I first beat the game without all memories.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won