By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Signs of being old?

Worrying about your age.

Bet with PeH: 

I win if Arms sells over 700 000 units worldwide by the end of 2017.

Bet with WagnerPaiva:

I win if Emmanuel Macron wins the french presidential election May 7th 2017.

Around the Network
TallSilhouette said:
V-r0cK said:

When you talk to younger people that dont know what a CD player is. Don't even get me started on cassette tapes lol. Vinyl records is making a random comeback so young kids kind of know what that is.

LOLL silly ducks xD

Ganoncrotch said:
HomokHarcos said:

That reminds me that my half-brother and sister had two dead parents before they were even 10 years old.

Sorry to hear about that, but in a way if they were just 10 they probably (for better or worse) didn't get super attached to them, obviously they would have gotten some grief at school for not having both parents but kids always will find something to rib you over. I'm going to be turning 35 this year (I think) and my parents are a rock to my stupid plans, when things go badly there are there to remind me... that I fucked up, but at least I tried kinda thing, help me back on my feet and on towards the next fuck up, I feel when they pass on I will be sad, not just because they're gone but really because I'm not ever sure if they understand how grateful I am to them for my life and I know that if I've failed to convey that by the time they die... my chance will be lost forever to let them know.

I wonder how well they even remember my parents. I've never been close to them as I've only seen my sister once and have never seen my brother (my dad had them with a different mother) but I do feel bad for them knowing what they've been through.

HomokHarcos said:
Ganoncrotch said:

Sorry to hear about that, but in a way if they were just 10 they probably (for better or worse) didn't get super attached to them, obviously they would have gotten some grief at school for not having both parents but kids always will find something to rib you over. I'm going to be turning 35 this year (I think) and my parents are a rock to my stupid plans, when things go badly there are there to remind me... that I fucked up, but at least I tried kinda thing, help me back on my feet and on towards the next fuck up, I feel when they pass on I will be sad, not just because they're gone but really because I'm not ever sure if they understand how grateful I am to them for my life and I know that if I've failed to convey that by the time they die... my chance will be lost forever to let them know.

I wonder how well they even remember my parents. I've never been close to them as I've only seen my sister once and have never seen my brother (my dad had them with a different mother) but I do feel bad for them knowing what they've been through.

That's quite a family unit if you don't mind me saying so, for some who is just 19 it must be a fair amount to deal with, hope you've got some good friends or other adults who you are able to speak with about your feelings on this, it's a lot on a growing mind.

Sorry that not every household doesn't turn out looking like the Simpsons :(

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Ganoncrotch said:
HomokHarcos said:

That's quite a family unit if you don't mind me saying so, for some who is just 19 it must be a fair amount to deal with, hope you've got some good friends or other adults who you are able to speak with about your feelings on this, it's a lot on a growing mind.

Sorry that not every household doesn't turn out looking like the Simpsons :(

The thing is, that both of them died by suicide.

Around the Network

I'm 41.

-I don't feel like "my generation will change the world!" anymore.

-I used to feel like Batman. Like I could jump off the roof of my house and be okay. Now, I feel like I shouldn't skip a step when I'm using the stairs.

-I was home by myself the other day. Didn't even feel like masturbating. Not once.

-I used to think that, if I didn't go to sleep, tomorrow wouldn't come. Now, I go to sleep at a reasonable hour.

-I spend a lot of time thinking back to my childhood. A lot of people I knew have passed away.

-I can't just eat everything I see. I have to have some common sense or I could gain weight.

-I don't care about having the coolest clothes or the nicest car. I don't feel like I have to prove how great I am to other people.

-20 year olds scare me. Their hair styles, music, and lack of respect make me nervous.

Aside from that, I feel great. I don't really feel old at all.

Twitter: @d21lewis

Oh, and I see my daughter playing games like Cuphead--a game style I used to beat on a slow weekend- and I say "Fuck that! I'm not that good anymore."

When these young whippersnappers start consistently kicking your ass online, you're getting old. Also, you use words like "whippersnappers".

Twitter: @d21lewis

d21lewis said:
When these young whippersnappers start consistently kicking your ass online, you're getting old. Also, you use words like "whippersnappers".

Last time I played CoD (BO3) I was basically top of every game I played, these 'kids' are crap at gaming my man, we will always be better than them.

Hmm, pie.

My memory is hurting me. And not because its getting worse, for gods sake Im only 28. But you start to have so many new tasks that you did not have to think before and now its all on your platter.
Quickly you realize that yoi have become one of the older people out there and there are certain expectations that you have to be perfectly fit to achieve. Hey at least I get drunk faster than 10 years ago, amirite?

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Knowing the ascii table inside out. The B on my keyboard is broken, so now I type b with Alt 98 and B with alt 66 on the numeric keypad. Didn't even have to guess lol.

The clearest sign of getting old is my eyes losing flexibility. I have to take my glasses off now to read the small print. It also takes longer for my eyes to focus well in the morning.