By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Black Panther Rotten Tomatoes and Metacritic (100% and 87 currently)

Do you plan on seeing Black Panther?

Yes! Opening weekend 23 33.82%

I'll see it in theaters at some point 21 30.88%

Netflix? Or Other 8 11.76%

Meh, no interest 16 23.53%

Total:68
KLAMarine said:
The Fury said:

Not sure on what collection this is but there are better out there.

Don't hesitate to post those better pictures you speak of.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

Around the Network
eva01beserk said:
KLAMarine said:

Don't hesitate to post those better pictures you speak of.

Wow, I forgot this existed. Over twelve years ago!

Time just flies.

RJ_Sizzle said:
After Steel, Meteor Man and Blankman, it's nice to have a quality African-American superhero movie for once.

Not to nitpick, and correct me if I'm wrong (as I'm more of a DC fan) but isn't Black Panther supposed to be just African? Where does the "American" part come from exactly?

Just 4 more days until I see it! Getting pumped!

tag

Around the Network

Sounds like this movie is going to have a huge opening.

pikashoe said:

ninjapirate42 said: 

Potentially something to do with this?

http://comicbook.com/marvel/2018/02/01/black-panther-dc-fans-rotten-tomatoes-sabotage-campaign/

I remember this happening on a smaller scale after BvS got panned. The imdb message boards were full of fanboys trying to organise review bombing for civil war. Imdb tends to be affected less than other sites, Star wars has a decent user score compared to rotten tomatoes and metacritic. 

It's just so pathetic that people feel the need to do this.

I still find this hard to believe, don't they got anything better to do, like living their lives?

first week sales expectations have also ballooned to pretty astronomical levels

If it pulls down what they are estimating, I'll be utterly stunned. I was seriously worried about the box office for this movie when it was announced.

That's because rotten tomatoes wasn't allowing any negative reviews. I wouldn't put any faith in that score or use it as a sign of it being good.