By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Black Panther Rotten Tomatoes and Metacritic (100% and 87 currently)

Do you plan on seeing Black Panther?

Yes! Opening weekend 23 33.82%

I'll see it in theaters at some point 21 30.88%

Netflix? Or Other 8 11.76%

Meh, no interest 16 23.53%

Total:68
Darc Requiem said:
Volterra_90 said:

Well, they will tell you that it's horrible that a white character is called black. What an abomination xD. So another boycott to change her name to white canary.

White Canary is a completely different character though. Not only that she's Chinese.

Get a black woman and name her Yellow Canary next just to really mess with them.

Around the Network
Darc Requiem said:
Volterra_90 said:

Well, they will tell you that it's horrible that a white character is called black. What an abomination xD. So another boycott to change her name to white canary.

White Canary is a completely different character though. Not only that she's Chinese.

I'm adding these pictures to my collection once I get home.

Someone remind me later 12 hours from now.

Award winning cast and director? Check.
Amazingly high reviews like 100% on RT? Check.
Completely unnecessary controversy? Check.

Sounds like this movie has everything necessary to be truly exceptional. I'm seeing it opening weekend for sure.

Last edited by The_Liquid_Laser - on 08 February 2018

It's currently at 6.9 at imdb with over 6500 ratings. The review bombing is worse than I thought it would be. These people rather than weakening people's opinion on critics are just going to make people ignore audience scores.

Darc Requiem said:
Well my avatar has been Black Panther forever on multiple forums, so I'm sure no one is surprised that I'll be seeing on the 15th at 7pm. Aka the earliest I can see it.

Technically the earliest you can see it is flying to the UK and seeing it on the 13th but... that's just being picky.

Hmm, pie.

Around the Network
KLAMarine said:

Not sure on what collection this is but there are better out there.

Hmm, pie.

I'm sure the movie is fantastic if it's being user-review bombed because of accusations of "political correctness" or "social justice warriors", just like The Last Jedi.

Gonna see it opening weekend.

Darc Requiem said:
Well my avatar has been Black Panther forever on multiple forums, so I'm sure no one is surprised that I'll be seeing on the 15th at 7pm. Aka the earliest I can see it.

Myself as well! One of the earliest ones in the country as I'm in the Newfoundland timezone.

Nymeria said:
Darc Requiem said:

Get a black woman and name her Yellow Canary next just to really mess with them.

If I could, I'd draw that just for the hell of it. She'd probably look like Tanya from MK.

The Fury said:
KLAMarine said:

Not sure on what collection this is but there are better out there.

Don't hesitate to post those better pictures you speak of.