By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Black Panther Rotten Tomatoes and Metacritic (100% and 87 currently)

Do you plan on seeing Black Panther?

Yes! Opening weekend 23 33.82%

I'll see it in theaters at some point 21 30.88%

Netflix? Or Other 8 11.76%

Meh, no interest 16 23.53%

Total:68

Ive seen the trailer and cant imagine the movie to be any good. Too stereotypical.

Hunting Season is done...

Around the Network
deskpro2k3 said:
RJ_Sizzle said:
After Steel, Meteor Man and Blankman, it's nice to have a quality African-American superhero movie for once.

Blade will like to have a few words with you.

Keith David (animated) and Michael Jai White (live action) brought Al Simmons / Spawn to life in the 1990s as well.

Nymeria said:
deskpro2k3 said:

Keith David (animated) and Michael Jai White (live action) brought Al Simmons / Spawn to life in the 1990s as well.

Spawn was in no way, shape or form, a good movie. That's yet another to sweep under the rug. 

Social media is already swarming with black people who don't want white people celebrating "their" movie and white people that don't want anyone to see it.

Basically, it's Wednesday.

Nymeria said:
deskpro2k3 said:

God, I would love for a Spawn reboot film. Only actually target a hard R. 

Around the Network
thismeintiel said:
Nymeria said:

God, I would love for a Spawn reboot film. Only actually target a hard R. 

https://www.cinemablend.com/news/1687249/why-the-spawn-reboot-is-being-made-at-blumhouse-according-to-todd-mcfarlane

See you next year then as that is exactly what is happening.

I'm going to see it the first weekend. I'm pretty pumped. I always liked the character and the actor portraying him is superb.

Volterra_90 said:
ninjapirate42 said:

Potentially something to do with this?

http://comicbook.com/marvel/2018/02/01/black-panther-dc-fans-rotten-tomatoes-sabotage-campaign/

I think DC fans are not that stupid. It's like an alt-right movement masquerading as a group of DC fans if I have to guess. I mean, it's called BLACK panther XD.

I wouldn't jump to conclusions. It more than likely is just that, a small group of DC fanboys who honestly think Disney has been paying reviewers to give DC films bad reviews. It's easier for them to believe that than that DC has just been putting out mediocre/bad films. 

pikashoe said: 

ninjapirate42 said: 

Potentially something to do with this?

http://comicbook.com/marvel/2018/02/01/black-panther-dc-fans-rotten-tomatoes-sabotage-campaign/

I remember this happening on a smaller scale after BvS got panned. The imdb message boards were full of fanboys trying to organise review bombing for civil war. Imdb tends to be affected less than other sites, Star wars has a decent user score compared to rotten tomatoes and metacritic. 

It's just so pathetic that people feel the need to do this.

The difference between TLJ and this is that I highly doubt the size of the group trying to do this is going to really affect its overall score or sales.   It's mainly butt hurt fans of a different franchise. TLJ saw a large backlash within its own fanbase. It led to a large drop from the previous episode, as well as a decline in merchandise sales. 

Loved him in Civil War and love Ryan Coogler's films so far so this is a definite yes in theatres as soon as I can.

I dont trust reviews of anything political correct. From what I saw of the trailers I want to see it anf to hell with critics. Ill never pay attention to another critic, either for games or movies. Unless is Easy Allies.

But the trailers look good, will probably see it the second week.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.