By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - My heart still breaks over seal clubbing </3

I cant tell if this person is being serious.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

Around the Network
Nighthawk117 said:

Then post it someplace where it might make a difference, like at a Greenpeace forum or PETA forum, etc..

I wouldn't mine trying a sealburger.  Hell, I've eaten venison, moose, and bear.  Yum Yum.  To each his own.

If you're ever in Central Europe, I'd advise you to try a bograč goulash. It has to be prepared with at least 3 different sorts of meat, including beef, pork and venison. It's delicious.

abronn627 said:
Ps3 said:

Well, that's kinda gross, they can eat fish from the ocean if they want. It's really not nice to do. I think they could eat other things.

Doesn’t work like that. Seals are not in any way in danger of extinction. They can reproduce at an alarming rate, which impact the fish population. Seal hunting is not for sport or for luxury products, it’s heavily controlled by the authorities.

Too much seals, less fish to eat. Do you see where this is going ?

Wrong! There is absolutely no evidence that depleting the seals population will bring back the fish population. There are less fish because humans are over fishing. Some people are just so lazy, and refuse to take blame. Grow some stuff? Go to the store, buy some bread, eat a sandwich! Did you know the tuna population has gone down like 80% in the last 60 years because humans over fish.

Reputation proceeds me, they told you I'm crazy, I swear I don't love the drama it loves me <3

BUY TAYLOR'S NEW ALBUM REPUTATION!!

CladInShadows said:
Ps3 said:

No, because seals are different from cows and pigs. That's not right.

How are they different?

Because we just don't eat seals. It's weird.

Reputation proceeds me, they told you I'm crazy, I swear I don't love the drama it loves me <3

Ka-pi96 said:
Ps3 said:

They aren't in captivity! They're part of the family. We love them and they love us. My puppy is my world and I'm her's, so you are wrong. She can do whatever she wants, and she would never want to leave.

People once said the same about humans to justify keeping them as slaves...

Unfortunately other species aren't as capable of fighting back as humans, that doesn't make it ok though.

There are two big differences between slaves and pets though. 1) Pets aren't for labour, 2) A lot of pet species wouldn't be able to survive in the wild.

That said, there definitely needs to be a regulation of which animals we can keep and which we can't. And we should also do more effort on making sure that people don't mistreat their pets.

Around the Network
Wyrdness said:
Ps3 said:

Well, that's kinda gross, they can eat fish from the ocean if they want. It's really not nice to do. I think they could eat other things.

What exactly makes eating fish more acceptable and less gross than Seal?

Cause look at fish then look at a seal. One is obvious food and the other isn't.

Ps3 said:
CladInShadows said:

How are they different?

That's factually incorrect.  Seal meat is eaten quite a bit.

Flilix said:
Ka-pi96 said:

People once said the same about humans to justify keeping them as slaves...

Unfortunately other species aren't as capable of fighting back as humans, that doesn't make it ok though.

There are two big differences between slaves and pets though. 1) Pets aren't for labour, 2) A lot of pet species wouldn't be able to survive in the wild.

That said, there definitely needs to be a regulation of which animals we can keep and which we can't. And we should also do more effort on making sure that people don't mistreat their pets.

You're very smart.

CladInShadows said:
Ps3 said:

Uhm where?

Ps3 said:
CladInShadows said:

Uhm where?

The Canadian province of Newfoundland, for one.  And Northern Canada as well.  This is fact.