By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - My heart still breaks over seal clubbing </3

Jesus christ why isn't this kind of stuff ban worthy?

Around the Network
Ps3 said:
CladInShadows said:

That's factually incorrect.  Seal meat is eaten quite a bit.

Uhm where?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seal_meat

I think you're approaching this the wrong way. There are legitimate arguments both for and against seal hunting in general, but you should not approach them from an emotional perspectve. For example, one of the things I always found interesting about this subject is the fact anti-clubbing organizations use almost exclusively images of Harp or Grey seals, species which are right now in no threat whatsoever. However, the hooded seals, which have been for some time in the threatened status, were still hunted. Outside of the fact the hooded seals are ugly things even as infants (and much uglier as adults), in full contrast with the white-furred seal newborns of the other species, I don't really know why is there such a distinction. And even then, most governments have legislated the hunt of the hooded seals enough that their numbers are becoming stable once again. So even in the worst case scenario, there is little to no threat for these species.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Kaneman! said:
Ps3 said:

The world isn't all cold. Like, if you look at central america, it's warm.

Is this a trolling thread? First the "fish look like food and seals don't" remark, and now this.

Guess what, Central Americans don't eat seal because there is no seal population there.

For the 1000th time I'm not a troll. I've been an elite member and my seniority on this forum shows I'm no troll. I just have lots of feelings and opinions... and if they differs and you don't like it... that's tough... so stop it now.. and I want to stop seal hunting and clubbing forever!

And if there was, I'm sure we wouldn't eat it... But again, you're wrong! Seals do live in the Caribbean and even California! Yet we don't eat them. So.. HA!

Reputation proceeds me, they told you I'm crazy, I swear I don't love the drama it loves me <3

BUY TAYLOR'S NEW ALBUM REPUTATION!!

Ps3 said:
Wyrdness said:

Food is literally any animal and plant that is available to sustain another animal or plant, this response is not an answer it's a sidestep again what makes fish more acceptable and less gross? Only factual answers please.

Seal is no different to chicken or venison (Deer etc...) for the people hunting them.

No, it's not. One is more acceptable than others. Like, you can't walk into a resturaunt like Fridays or Applebees or even McDonalds and ask for seal. Why? Because it's not socially acceptable and it's WRONG!

What parameters makes one more acceptable exactly? McDonalds doesn't dictate this if that's what you're going by and the company is a US based one so would really deal with Seal meat because it caters mainly to US culture much like in the middle east restaurants don't sell pork.

Right now it comes across as because you don't like it it's the law.

Acevil said:
Kaneman! said:

Is this a trolling thread? First the "fish look like food and seals don't" remark, and now this.

Guess what, Central Americans don't eat seal because there is no seal population there.

You should go back to his first thread on this topic. He really has no idea what he is talking about. 

I'm spitting facts.

Reputation proceeds me, they told you I'm crazy, I swear I don't love the drama it loves me <3

Around the Network
AngryLittleAlchemist said:

I'm not trying to be mean.. but when you've been on this site as long as I have, you can call people out on when they should be banned. You're not being nice. If you don't like what I'm saying don't read my thread. Simple.. *triangle snap snap*

Wyrdness said:
Ps3 said:

No, it's not. One is more acceptable than others. Like, you can't walk into a resturaunt like Fridays or Applebees or even McDonalds and ask for seal. Why? Because it's not socially acceptable and it's WRONG!

What parameters makes one more acceptable exactly? McDonalds doesn't dictate this if that's what you're going by and the company is a US based one so would really deal with Seal meat because it caters mainly to US culture much like in the middle east restaurants don't sell pork.

Right now it comes across as because you don't like it it's the law.

because we just don't do it.. That's what makes it more acceptable.. We know not to eat people cause it's wrong.. we know not to eat cat cause it's wrong.. we know not to eat seals... cause it's wrong!!! Pigs are different. Exotic pets should just be off the table.

Ps3 said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:

I'm not trying to be mean.. but when you've been on this site as long as I have, you can call people out on when they should be banned. You're not being nice. If you don't like what I'm saying don't read my thread. Simple.. *triangle snap snap*

I don't give a fuck whether or not you've been here a long time. This is clear trolling and trolling is against the rules of the website. Just because the trolling isn't inherently offensive doesn't mean it isn't annoying.

Darwinianevolution said:
Ps3 said:

Uhm where?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seal_meat

I think you're approaching this the wrong way. There are legitimate arguments both for and against seal hunting in general, but you should not approach them from an emotional perspectve. For example, one of the things I always found interesting about this subject is the fact anti-clubbing organizations use almost exclusively images of Harp or Grey seals, species which are right now in no threat whatsoever. However, the hooded seals, which have been for some time in the threatened status, were still hunted. Outside of the fact the hooded seals are ugly things even as infants (and much uglier as adults), in full contrast with the white-furred seal newborns of the other species, I don't really know why is there such a distinction. And even then, most governments have legislated the hunt of the hooded seals enough that their numbers are becoming stable once again. So even in the worst case scenario, there is little to no threat for these species.

Well, I think hooded seals are cute too. I think it's sad they're endangered, and we shouldn't hunt them either.

Ps3 said:

For the 1000th time I'm not a troll. I've been an elite member and my seniority on this forum shows I'm no troll. I just have lots of feelings and opinions... and if they differs and you don't like it... that's tough... so stop it now.. and I want to stop seal hunting and clubbing forever!

And if there was, I'm sure we wouldn't eat it... But again, you're wrong! Seals do live in the Caribbean and even California! Yet we don't eat them. So.. HA!

Neither the Caribbean, nor California are part of Central America. And beside that, I've never heard of a seal living in the Caribbean, can you provide some info on that?

Here is a map of seal population - > https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pinniped#/media/File:Pinniped_range.jpg

What I see is a distinct lack of seal in Central America.