By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - My heart still breaks over seal clubbing </3

Ps3 said:
Kaneman! said:
I still disagree with you. It's hunting of an animal like any other. It's regulated, and the hunters are certified and educated on how to use the hakapik.

It's no more brutal than a seal getting eaten by a killer whale.

Weren't you banned because of this topic last year?

uhm..

1. I diagree. It's inhumane and they suffer on that ice.

2. How is it less brutal? That's nature. We are humans. We can grow crops and eat lettuce.

3. Actually NO.

Humans are a part of nature, like it or not. I think it would be pertinent to adopt a more personalized view than trying to enforce what other people can and can't do. If you want to be a vegan, then I respect your decision. I'm going to eat a burger.

Around the Network

Ps3 said:
vivster said:

You didn't say it but I cannot think of any other reason why you would draw that weird line.

What's the difference between a harmless and innocent baby seal being beaten to death and a harmless innocent baby cow being beaten to death? Oh, let me guess. The difference is because you say so.

So then why draw conclusions? That's rude and not nice.

Because seals are animals that need more rights, and it isn't fair. We just don't run up to cows on their home tuft, seal their children, and club them to death while they are playing on the ice. It's sick!

People won't have any choice but to draw conclusions if you don't provide one yourself.

And yes, little cows get born, immediately taken away from their mother, held in captivity, tortured until they're ready to be killed and eaten. How is that any better than being killed on the ice? At least they have an actual childhood and a very good chance to actually not be killed by eaten while with cows it's 100% certain that they will die by human hands after they've been tortured long enough. I fail to see how baby seals deserve more rights. In fact, seals already have more rights than most animals since there are a lot of laws and regulations about seal hunting.

You cannot just be adamant about the killing of certain animals and then go on to say that other animals deserve to die. You know, the innocent ones you eat and kill every day. And yes, you did not say that but you are implying it heavily. You don't care one bit about the lives of animals that YOU like to eat but feel it's necessary to teach other people what to do with their animals. That's the definition of a hypocrite and double standards.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.