By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - My heart still breaks over seal clubbing </3

Did you know that most seal pups who were clubbed were only about 1 month old! And they haven't even had their first solid meal yet, or swim! 97% of the seals killed in the last 3 years have been younger than 3 months. As soon as they begin to shed their white coats which can happen as early as 12 days old they can be hunted!

Reputation proceeds me, they told you I'm crazy, I swear I don't love the drama it loves me <3

BUY TAYLOR'S NEW ALBUM REPUTATION!!

Around the Network
Ps3 said:
Darwinianevolution said:

I don't get this argument. Dog meat has been part of many human diets around the world, specially in places were breeding cattle was nigh impossible (due to either lack of adequate species or bad feeding terrains).

Well, that's them, not us. We don't eat dog meat.

Maybe, but by the same reasoning you could justify the clubbing as something they do, but not us.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Ps3 said:
Nighthawk117 said:
Another anti-seal clubbing thread from you? Your last one was only 11 months ago:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=226499&page=1

Your not gonna save any seals by posting in a videogame forum.

Uhm, I spread awareness everywhere. You gotta put your voice somewhere.

Then post it someplace where it might make a difference, like at a Greenpeace forum or PETA forum, etc..

I wouldn't mine trying a sealburger.  Hell, I've eaten venison, moose, and bear.  Yum Yum.  To each his own.

Ka-pi96 said:
Ps3 said:

They aren't in captivity! They're part of the family. We love them and they love us. My puppy is my world and I'm her's, so you are wrong. She can do whatever she wants, and she would never want to leave.

People once said the same about humans to justify keeping them as slaves...

Unfortunately other species aren't as capable of fighting back as humans, that doesn't make it ok though.

If my dog wants to leave, she is free to go all her choice. She wont though, so ha.

Reputation proceeds me, they told you I'm crazy, I swear I don't love the drama it loves me <3

Darwinianevolution said:
Ps3 said:

Well, that's them, not us. We don't eat dog meat.

Maybe, but by the same reasoning you could justify the clubbing as something they do, but not us.

No, just because it isn't right. That doesn't make it okay. These seals are clubbed as early as 12 days old.

Around the Network
Ps3 said:
Wyrdness said:
From what was mentioned previously the clubbing even though messy is the fastest most acceptable way to kill them, I know Eskimo tribes eat the meat from Seals.

Well, that's kinda gross, they can eat fish from the ocean if they want. It's really not nice to do. I think they could eat other things.

Doesn’t work like that. Seals are not in any way in danger of extinction. They can reproduce at an alarming rate, which impact the fish population. Seal hunting is not for sport or for luxury products, it’s heavily controlled by the authorities.

Too much seals, less fish to eat. Do you see where this is going ?

Nighthawk117 said:
Ps3 said:

Then post it someplace where it might make a difference, like at a Greenpeace forum or PETA forum, etc..

I wouldn't mine trying a sealburger.  Hell, I've eaten venison, moose, and bear.  Yum Yum.  To each his own.

How do you know I don't? This isn't my only place I post you know. I just try and spread awareness to many different audiences.

That's gross and sick and mean.

Ps3 said:
Kaneman! said:

So, let's hypothesize that seals are domesticated farm animals, bred for slaughter. Like cows, poultry and domestic pigs. Would it be fine to kill them in that scenario?

No, because seals are different from cows and pigs. That's not right.

How are they different?

Ps3 said:
Wyrdness said:
From what was mentioned previously the clubbing even though messy is the fastest most acceptable way to kill them, I know Eskimo tribes eat the meat from Seals.

Well, that's kinda gross, they can eat fish from the ocean if they want. It's really not nice to do. I think they could eat other things.

What exactly makes eating fish more acceptable and less gross than Seal?

Nighthawk117 said:
Ps3 said:

Moose is fan-fucking-tastic!