By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Double Prediction: God of War will be 90+ Meta and will sell 15M+ Lifetime

MC-Score and sales?

95+MC and 15M+ sales LT 3 5.08%

95+MC and 10M+ sales LT 5 8.47%

95+MC and 5M+ sales LT 1 1.69%

90+MC and 15M+ sales LT 2 3.39%

90+MC and 10M+ sales LT 12 20.34%

90+MC and 5M+ sales LT 21 35.59%

85+MC and 15M+ sales LT 0 0%

85+MC and 10M+ sales LT 4 6.78%

85+MC and 5M+ sales LT 9 15.25%

Other 2 3.39%

Total:59

I have a feeling it won't score over 90 on Metacritic. It would not surprise me to see it getting some negative scores because it changes gears from the original trilogy. "Traditionalists" sometimes don't want to like new things.

On the other hand, we do seem to be in the midst of more score inflation so who knows.

Around the Network
pokoko said:
I have a feeling it won't score over 90 on Metacritic. It would not surprise me to see it getting some negative scores because it changes gears from the original trilogy. "Traditionalists" sometimes don't want to like new things.

On the other hand, we do seem to be in the midst of more score inflation so who knows.

I agree with this. Above 90 would be great for the game (if you care about that sort of thing) but I can see plenty of reviewers gunning for clicks looking for areas of criticism, and when you deviate from the GoW formula like they intend to with this game, it gives them clickbait essentially. 

It also probably won't sell higher than 8M. I don't say either of those things to rag on the game since I love the franchise, but I'm just trying to be a bit realistic so I can properly enjoy any successes the game actually has. 

i say it will have a 93 but i cannot see it hitting 15m

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

No... just no. The meta score is a possibility, but it won't sell 15 million.

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

88 Metacritic and 7.8 million sold

Around the Network

Meta 88, sales 5 m.

pokoko said:

Traditionalist definitely hurted BotW scores. /s

PEEPer0nni said:
pokoko said:

Traditionalist definitely hurted BotW scores. /s

Oh, right, I forgot that all previous Zelda games all followed the same template like GoW games.  /s

Alkibiádēs said:
bananaking21 said:
I think 90+ meta will be very very hard. Specially considering all the changes that the series has gone through in this installment.

15 million lifetime? No way. I can see it reaching 7-8 million, but 15? No freaking way.

It will be easy. It's almost always the same franchises that score very high, with the occasional surprise (Celeste for example). 

my point is that this is a big departure from previous GoW games, and i feel a lot of fans and reviewers wont like the changes and claim its doesnt feel like GoW anymore. heck im certain at least one reviewer well compare it to TLoU and say its basically the same game or a rip off. 

Well i'm not certainly sure that GoW will score 90+ Reviewers always have "but" when they are rating Sony games. I can imagine something like - My editor didn't like it because it his/her first this type of game - 5/10. or is too cinematic etc. and now probably we will see - this is TLOU, not old good God of War but i hope I am wrong and "new" GoW will hit 95.

So Let's go 95 and 9M.