By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Double Prediction: God of War will be 90+ Meta and will sell 15M+ Lifetime

MC-Score and sales?

95+MC and 15M+ sales LT 3 5.08%

95+MC and 10M+ sales LT 5 8.47%

95+MC and 5M+ sales LT 1 1.69%

90+MC and 15M+ sales LT 2 3.39%

90+MC and 10M+ sales LT 12 20.34%

90+MC and 5M+ sales LT 21 35.59%

85+MC and 15M+ sales LT 0 0%

85+MC and 10M+ sales LT 4 6.78%

85+MC and 5M+ sales LT 9 15.25%

Other 2 3.39%

Total:59

93 meta, 5.5 million physically.

Around the Network
Barkley said:

No... God of War is not going to sell better than Uncharted 4, which might just hit the 15m mark.

As for the metacritic, it's possible. Could be as low as 86, could be as high as 94.

I'd probably say 90 MC and 7.5m sales.

Uncharted 4's first month NPD couldn't even top God of War III's, the new God of War will be even bigger in America and a lot of effort went into making the game more appealing to Europeans so if that's successful (I think it will be) the game could be as big or bigger than Uncharted 4, hopefully it'll be bundled as much too.

I'd guess between 90-95% average score (93%) and will sell 10-15 million (12.5m).

JustThatGamer said:
Barkley said:

No... God of War is not going to sell better than Uncharted 4, which might just hit the 15m mark.

As for the metacritic, it's possible. Could be as low as 86, could be as high as 94.

I'd probably say 90 MC and 7.5m sales.

Uncharted 4's first month NPD couldn't even top God of War III's, the new God of War will be even bigger in America and a lot of effort went into making the game more appealing to Europeans so if that's successful (I think it will be) the game could be as big or bigger than Uncharted 4, hopefully it'll be bundled as much too.

I'd guess between 90-95% average score (93%) and will sell 10-15 million (12.5m).

I'm European, never played a GoW before, but have this new one pre-ordered. Know alot of people in the same situation.

I'm also pretty certain that Kratos is alot more recognized that Nathan Drake, but that's just my assumption :D

There's also alot more PS4's sold now when GoW releases, than when UC4 released :)

Predicted 15+ million lifetime-sales for God of War:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=234612&page=1

Tmfwang said:
JustThatGamer said:

I'm European, never played a GoW before, but has this new one pre-ordered. Know alot of people in the same situation.

I'm also pretty certain that Kratos is alot more recognized that Nathan Drake, but that's just assumption :D

There's also alot more PS4's sold now when GoW releases, than when UC4 released :)

Uncharted is a bigger series than God of War. Therefore, by default, Nathan Drake is more popular. This may be the highest selling God of War game, but it has a way to go before reaching Uncharted status (let alone topping it).

Metacritic maybe, sales definitely not.

Around the Network

I'll agree with a 90 plus meta score and have over 15 mil. lifetime, if it turn of events follow:
-North America gets a God of War PS4 bundle.
-PS5 being backwards compatible and this game is advertised about such PS4 titles being playable on the PS5 system.
If these Two things aren't done, I don't think 15 million is going to happen.

I'm going to be conservative and predict an 89 metacritic and 7.5 million sales.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

I'd honestly be disappointed if it doesn't hit 90 MC. It looks amazing, I like the camera change, and Kratos has finally mellowed enough to be an interesting character. That's not to say that I didn't like Kratos or find him morbidly hilarious at times, but his shtick got pretty old.

The setting is perfect as well... really, this should be an exceptional game. 15 million is a LOT, though, and that's quite a bold prediction; not sure I can see that.

meta 90+ is o.k. with me, but on the sale front i would say 10 mil, what would be really great

90+ seems kind of like a given at this point, but I somehow doubt 15 million. 10 million is a much safer at, especially if it gets bundled.

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon