By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Double Prediction: God of War will be 90+ Meta and will sell 15M+ Lifetime

MC-Score and sales?

95+MC and 15M+ sales LT 3 5.08%

95+MC and 10M+ sales LT 5 8.47%

95+MC and 5M+ sales LT 1 1.69%

90+MC and 15M+ sales LT 2 3.39%

90+MC and 10M+ sales LT 12 20.34%

90+MC and 5M+ sales LT 21 35.59%

85+MC and 15M+ sales LT 0 0%

85+MC and 10M+ sales LT 4 6.78%

85+MC and 5M+ sales LT 9 15.25%

Other 2 3.39%

Total:59

More like 86 metascore and 8m lt (with huge fw).

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Around the Network
bananaking21 said:
Alkibiádēs said:

It will be easy. It's almost always the same franchises that score very high, with the occasional surprise (Celeste for example). 

my point is that this is a big departure from previous GoW games, and i feel a lot of fans and reviewers wont like the changes and claim its doesnt feel like GoW anymore. heck im certain at least one reviewer well compare it to TLoU and say its basically the same game or a rip off. 

That didn't seem to hurt Zelda or Mario Odyssey, so I don't see why GoW would be any different. Game looks quite good and the combat is more appealing to me personally. 

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides

I'd say God of War will do 7.5 million. 91 Meta.

Have any PS4 games, let alone exclusives, reached 15 million? Even Uncharted 4 didn't get to 10 million

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

CGI-Quality said:
the2real4mafol said:
I'd say God of War will do 7.5 million. 91 Meta.

Have any PS4 games, let alone exclusives, reached 15 million? Even Uncharted 4 didn't get to 10 million

Actually, it did. :P

9.82m on VGC. Digital surely took care of the rest.

Wow that's impressive and well deserved! The game probably sold more then as I swear PS4 itself is undertracked by 2 million. I wish companies revealed digital sales... 

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

I think it can do 10 million with tons of marketing (which it will get) and maybe a bundle. Not sure about 15 million tho. 90+ metascore will most probably happen.

Around the Network

With my poor prediction lately i will say

96 with 12 million

This video has over 76 million views & 655k likes, public interest for this game is insanely high and people like what they've seen. If it releases to critical acclaim like I expect it to there's no doubt it'll be one of the biggest games of this generation.

https://www.facebook.com/GamologyAsia.KeliNetwork/videos/1393970510687752/

The developers put a lot of passion and money into their work / development.

More than 5 million units are sure, i think. Dont forget: so many incredible and big PS4-games are coming this and next year, the competition is very strong. Worldwide more than 90 %. I'm not a fan of the old games, but the new God of War is very interesting and looks fantastic.

Seems like I lowballed my metaprediction of 92! Currently 94 on MC, which is an important factor in my second prediction; 15million+ sales :D

Predicted 15+ million lifetime-sales for God of War:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=234612&page=1

Barkley said:

No... God of War is not going to sell better than Uncharted 4, which might just hit the 15m mark.

As for the metacritic, it's possible. Could be as low as 86, could be as high as 94.

I'd probably say 90 MC and 7.5m sales.

Currently 94 :D

Predicted 15+ million lifetime-sales for God of War:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=234612&page=1