By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Double Prediction: God of War will be 90+ Meta and will sell 15M+ Lifetime

MC-Score and sales?

95+MC and 15M+ sales LT 3 5.08%

95+MC and 10M+ sales LT 5 8.47%

95+MC and 5M+ sales LT 1 1.69%

90+MC and 15M+ sales LT 2 3.39%

90+MC and 10M+ sales LT 12 20.34%

90+MC and 5M+ sales LT 21 35.59%

85+MC and 15M+ sales LT 0 0%

85+MC and 10M+ sales LT 4 6.78%

85+MC and 5M+ sales LT 9 15.25%

Other 2 3.39%

Total:59

More precise I predict 92 MC-score :D

I went for one not-so-bold prediction, and one crazy one. Because why not? XD

What are your predictions? :P

Last edited by Tmfwang - on 04 February 2018

Predicted 15+ million lifetime-sales for God of War:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=234612&page=1

Around the Network

No... God of War is not going to sell better than Uncharted 4, which might just hit the 15m mark.

As for the metacritic, it's possible. Could be as low as 86, could be as high as 94.

I'd probably say 90 MC and 7.5m sales.

the 90 + metascore is probably right,but i doubt the sales.It will do extremely well,but not that well i guess.i'm gonna try it,never liked god of war,maybe this one will do for me.

I can see it do well critically but sales will not be close to 15 million. God of War series sold 21 million units in 7 years between 2005 and 2012 so the new one wouldn't sell that well. God of War has no multiplayer and wouldn't be bundled like Uncharted 4 and its not at the height of its popularity like Naughty Dog was before the release of Uncharted 4. I can see it selling anywhere from 2 to 11 million.

I can see the score happening.But the sales?No way

I already think that GOW 4 will be the best selling entry in the franchise, but I expect it to reach 9 millions or so.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Around the Network
Barkley said:

No... God of War is not going to sell better than Uncharted 4, which might just hit the 15m mark.

As for the metacritic, it's possible. Could be as low as 86, could be as high as 94.

It could also be reviewed by fans of the franchise and go as low as 70.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

I'm thinking more a mc score of 88 and lifetime sales of 8-9m

93 meta, 5.5 million physically.

Barkley said:

Uncharted 4's first month NPD couldn't even top God of War III's, the new God of War will be even bigger in America and a lot of effort went into making the game more appealing to Europeans so if that's successful (I think it will be) the game could be as big or bigger than Uncharted 4, hopefully it'll be bundled as much too.

I'd guess between 90-95% average score (93%) and will sell 10-15 million (12.5m).

JustThatGamer said:
Barkley said:

Uncharted 4's first month NPD couldn't even top God of War III's, the new God of War will be even bigger in America and a lot of effort went into making the game more appealing to Europeans so if that's successful (I think it will be) the game could be as big or bigger than Uncharted 4, hopefully it'll be bundled as much too.

I'd guess between 90-95% average score (93%) and will sell 10-15 million (12.5m).

I'm European, never played a GoW before, but have this new one pre-ordered. Know alot of people in the same situation.

I'm also pretty certain that Kratos is alot more recognized that Nathan Drake, but that's just my assumption :D

There's also alot more PS4's sold now when GoW releases, than when UC4 released :)

Predicted 15+ million lifetime-sales for God of War:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=234612&page=1