By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What Are Your Best Video Game Bargain Finds?

Gaming can be a fairly expensive hobby, especially if you end up buying most games at launch, though there are some good deals to be made. Steam sales, PSN Deals, Xbox Live deals and buying second hand games can easily make that $60 worth a couple of games.

What are some of the best gaming deals you got your hand on in the past?

For me that would be getting Knack and Bioshock Infinite remastered for 5 Euro each. A really sweet deal especially considering the overall gaming market in my country. Most PS4 games will never go below 5 Euro unless you buy in bulk.

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P

Around the Network

"Humble monthly bundle" is a great bundle almost every month:

This month Dark Souls 3 is already worth the €10 / $12 and the additional games are just a bonus.

There's been lots of good deals over the years. Most recently, I bought Deus Ex: Mankind Divided for $10 last November. For comparison, launch games here are $80. Of course, it was made free with PS+ a month after I got it. Ha.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Bought a supposedly defunct N64 on a flea market two years ago for 8€. The console was working just fine. I guess 8€ still isn't that great of a deal compared to some of the others, but I was happy back then seeing as N64s would already cost up to 40 - 50€.

Lyrics: He He He He Ha Ha Ha!                                                                  

I bought Splatoon for regular price 3 years ago.  It was a best deal for me.

Around the Network

On top of my mind, Majin and the Forsaken Kingdom for like 3 bucks. I can also add the Gears of War 3's Collector Edition for 10 bucks; it was basically new save for the fact that someone had redeemed Marcus' dad skin already.

TIME...
All you have to do is wait a few months, a bit more a bit less depending on games and prices almost always go down. The last thing you wanna do is play video games on day one of their releases.
Video games publishers count on the fact that people are way too impatient and they tap on people's need to play right now. When you see how some video games can be played when their download is not even fully made, you realize how extremely impatient people are.

As a rule I NEVER pay a game more than half the full price but often I pay even less than that. I usually wait for games to reach a third of their day one price. So for a AAA 60 euros game I never pay more than 30 but more often than not I wait for the game to get to around 20 euros and that's when I go for it.

So I cannot give you a title of a specific game because ALL my games are bargains.

I know a friend of mine who "rented" a game, and since he took so long to finish the game, the owner decided that he'd just give the game anyway.

The "best" deals are always the ones that you get for free.
Assuming you think in terms of value/price.

I WON A BET AGAINST AZUREN! WOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:3

Well when I was younger I had two primary interests outside of the team sports I played: history and video games. Fortunately for me sometime in the very early 2000's those two naturally lead me to take up an interest in older video games, and I decided I wanted an original Nintendo like the one I'd play that seemingly all my cousins owned when I was really little.

To do that I just guessed at a website domain name (in the days before decent search engines like Google or AskJeeves that's what a lot of us did lol) and landed on "usedgames.com"... I imagine over the following months that I directed my parents there for Christmas and my birthday and saved up money myself that we weren't actually getting a decent deal, but that collection I accrued actually came just before NES games began really skyrocketing in price. At this point I imagine they'd cost a silly amount more than they did at the time, so I'm happy that I took an early interest in them.

Actually, I guess that doesn't really qualify as a "bargain find" so much as it was just really good timing lol

Street Fighter 2 on the SNES, complete for $2.