By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - "We want to convert Halo fans into Bungie fans"

Easy, everyone. Let's stop with the personal insults.

I was also at a midnight launch and there were plenty of retards there. Of course, there were plenty of non-retards there, too.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Around the Network
Smash_Brother said:
Legend11 said: I really wish we had an ignore user button.

Are you intentionally satirizing yourself?

selnor said: F**k You. I was at midnight launch. P**s off If you dont like it. I was there and everyone was fine. I like Halo and it's community. You dont. BIG WOOP. Go play with your dress.

I'm envious that your midnight launch didn't contain the sheer number of degenerates that mine did. MOST of the people who showed up were rowdy, rude and obnoxious, especially to the Gamestop staff.

Simply put, I don't expect that ANY of these people will be able to follow Bungie in their efforts because they probably don't realize that MS isn't the one making Halo games.

I've been a Bungie fan since Pathways Into Darkness, and I think Bungie's best strategy here would be to stamp "From the makers of Halo" all over the next 20 projects of theirs. Anything short of that and it just won't work.

Your gonna get some idiots when 1 and half million people worldwide attend midnight launch. But labelling all of us like you did wasnt fair. Thats why I reacted. 

I'd like to point out that I was also at the launch.

I said "most" Halo fans, and the fact of the matter is that WE'RE the minority, folks.

For every 1 internet forum-goer Halo fan who knows who Bungie is, there are probably 30 drunken frat morons who bought the game who don't have a goddamn clue and don't particularly care, either.

I love Bungie: their games shaped a large portion of my adolescent life and brought me into a group of friends who I still have to this day, but when Halo went "mainstream", Bungie tapped an audience with a large percentage that probably doesn't realize they exist.

Hell, Bungie wouldn't even be concerned about it except for the fact that they no doubt realize a lot of Halo fans might not follow them in other ventures.

"I mean, c'mon, Viva Pinata, a game with massive marketing, didn't sell worth a damn to the "sophisticated" 360 audience, despite near-universal praise--is that a sign that 360 owners are a bunch of casual ignoramuses that can't get their heads around a 'gardening' sim? Of course not. So let's please stop trying to micro-analyze one game out of hundreds and using it as the poster child for why good, non-1st party, games can't sell on Wii. (Everyone frequenting this site knows this is nonsense, and yet some of you just can't let it go because it's the only scab you have left to pick at after all your other "Wii will phail1!!1" straw men arguments have been put to the torch.)" - exindguy on Boom Blocks

Smash_Brother said:
I'd like to point out that I was also at the launch.

I said "most" Halo fans, and the fact of the matter is that WE'RE the minority, folks.

For every 1 internet forum-goer Halo fan who knows who Bungie is, there are probably 30 drunken frat morons who bought the game who don't have a goddamn clue and don't particularly care, either.

I love Bungie: their games shaped a large portion of my adolescent life and brought me into a group of friends who I still have to this day, but when Halo went "mainstream", Bungie tapped an audience with a large percentage that probably doesn't realize they exist.

Hell, Bungie wouldn't even be concerned about it except for the fact that they no doubt realize a lot of Halo fans might not follow them in other ventures.

Just because you where in a line with a bunch of fools, like most of us on the midnight pickup.  Doesn't mean a lot of the people there don't know about what else Bungie has done.  

bbsin said:
Strategyking92 said:
I think microsoft should buy bungie *cough* *cough*

It will be their biggest f*** up if they don't, besides vista, and rrod.

If Bungie wanted to be bought they would have been already, they just didn't want to make Halo constantly and forever (which is what MS probably wanted them to do). Either way, it shouldn't matter since Bungie are likely to make game for the 360 (and PC) exclusively.

I'm fairly sure that Bungie was part of the Microsoft game studies until recently when it has now become an independent studio. Edit: Check it out: http://www.xbox360fanboy.com/2007/10/05/bungie-breaks-away-goes-independent/

Around the Network
Omac said:

Just because you where in a line with a bunch of fools, like most of us on the midnight pickup.  Doesn't mean a lot of the people there don't know about what else Bungie has done.  

Coincidentally, one of the GS employees there was a Bungie fan pre-Halo and was telling people about Bungie's former games: no one had heard of ANY of them.

Marathon, Myth, Oni...not a ONE. You can buy thy flippin' Marathon 2 remake on XBL right now and they STILL haven't figured it out.

"I mean, c'mon, Viva Pinata, a game with massive marketing, didn't sell worth a damn to the "sophisticated" 360 audience, despite near-universal praise--is that a sign that 360 owners are a bunch of casual ignoramuses that can't get their heads around a 'gardening' sim? Of course not. So let's please stop trying to micro-analyze one game out of hundreds and using it as the poster child for why good, non-1st party, games can't sell on Wii. (Everyone frequenting this site knows this is nonsense, and yet some of you just can't let it go because it's the only scab you have left to pick at after all your other "Wii will phail1!!1" straw men arguments have been put to the torch.)" - exindguy on Boom Blocks

ToastyJaguar said:
bbsin said:
Strategyking92 said:

If Bungie wanted to be bought they would have been already, they just didn't want to make Halo constantly and forever (which is what MS probably wanted them to do). Either way, it shouldn't matter since Bungie are likely to make game for the 360 (and PC) exclusively.

I'm fairly sure that Bungie was part of the Microsoft game studies until recently when it has now become an independent studio. Edit: Check it out: http://www.xbox360fanboy.com/2007/10/05/bungie-breaks-away-goes-independent/
 I cant believe people on this forum dont know that yes Microsoft owned Bungie until January this year when Bungie wanted to be independant and MS let them go. However MS owns Halo and everything to do with it. 

Smash_Brother said:
Omac said:

Coincidentally, one of the GS employees there was a Bungie fan pre-Halo and was telling people about Bungie's former games: no one had heard of ANY of them.

Marathon, Myth, Oni...not a ONE. You can buy thy flippin' Marathon 2 remake on XBL right now and they STILL haven't figured it out.

Still doesn't mean every Halo fan doen't no shit about Bungie.  Hell I've meet a lot of GS employees that don't know shit about old stuff, or are just really bias.  I was in line with 5 of my buds, and they know about Bungies old stuff.  I'm sure there are a lot more people out there like me. 

selnor said:
ToastyJaguar said:
bbsin said:
Strategyking92 said:

I cant believe people on this forum dont know that yes Microsoft owned Bungie until January this year when Bungie wanted to be independant and MS let them go. However MS owns Halo and everything to do with it.

and first right of publishing lol... what would be funny is if bungie dev for DS and MS publish lol

rocketpig said:

FaRmLaNd said:
Bring on the marathon remake. I'd buy that in a second!

I know they're tired of Halo but the Marathon series with Master Chief in it would kick ass... It's been pretty heavily implied that they take place in the same universe, only Marathon is a few hundred years later. Both of the characters wear "Mjolnir" armor as well.

It makes sense given the ending of Halo 3.

I certainly hope so. I was playing the marathon demo on live and the designs are so similar its not funny. Plus the marathon setting was much more interesting with the crazy ai's etc. I think it'd be a great idea for them to do exactly what you propose. They get a change of setting but also get the halo players. Perfect scenario really.

EDIT and for those that think the only thing Bungie has done is halo. Shame on you. Bungie were influential even before they released halo. Marathon was extremely innovative for its time, myth was awesome and halo is arguably the biggest FPS franchise in the world. No they don't deserve to keep their massive fanbase at all.