By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - "We want to convert Halo fans into Bungie fans"

after playing halo 1through 3, bungie doesn't have toworry about me. i will buy their next game regardless of genre

Around the Network
Zucas said:
I won't follow them until they can make another good series. You aren't a good developer if all you can make is one good series, which is questionable on how great it was.

hu ????

they already did more than one serie... marathon, myth.... marathon had the first dual-wielded weapons and real-time voice chat in multiplayer sessions... most sophisticated physics modeling built into a game engine up to that time, which allowed for such features as adjustable gravity....a far more developed plot than other FPS back then... new multiplayer modes that other FPS didn't have... I mean they really didn't come up with Halo as their first good game and certainly not their first FPS.... they've been pioneers in that business compare to others more famous than them....

and myth was quite innovative too.... and of quality....

bungie is a studio with a lot of potential.. they proved it in the past, they will in the future I'm quite confident on that..... 

I'm a master chef fan first and a bungie fan second! Just kidding, Bungie has a soft spot in my heart.

Hi, this is Vince with Shamwow.

Legend11 said:  How about growing up and laying off the insults?

Are you trying to defend the knuckle-dragging frat morons who showed up at the Halo 3 midnight launch, whined incessantly about taking too long to get their copy and were generally assholes to everyone?

Really? 

"I mean, c'mon, Viva Pinata, a game with massive marketing, didn't sell worth a damn to the "sophisticated" 360 audience, despite near-universal praise--is that a sign that 360 owners are a bunch of casual ignoramuses that can't get their heads around a 'gardening' sim? Of course not. So let's please stop trying to micro-analyze one game out of hundreds and using it as the poster child for why good, non-1st party, games can't sell on Wii. (Everyone frequenting this site knows this is nonsense, and yet some of you just can't let it go because it's the only scab you have left to pick at after all your other "Wii will phail1!!1" straw men arguments have been put to the torch.)" - exindguy on Boom Blocks

Zucas said:
I won't follow them until they can make another good series. You aren't a good developer if all you can make is one good series, which is questionable on how great it was.

Yes, because Halo was Bungie's only landmark series.

Google "Myth" and "Marathon" some time and get back to me.

And next time you're playing an FPS game and use dual wield, mouse look, or regenerating health, you can go ahead and thank Bungie for first implementing those features in an FPS.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Around the Network
Strategyking92 said:
I think microsoft should buy bungie *cough* *cough*

It will be their biggest f*** up if they don't, besides vista, and rrod.
Um MS did buy them. But Bungie wanted to be independant as of this year, which is why MS let them go. Please tell me you knew that? 

Smash_Brother said:
Legend11 said:  How about growing up and laying off the insults?

Are you trying to defend the knuckle-dragging frat morons who showed up at the Halo 3 midnight launch, whined incessantly about taking too long to get their copy and were generally assholes to everyone?

Really? 

I'm against insulting the vast majority of players of a videogame or console by calling them stupid.  For whatever reason you came into this thread to stink it up and I think you should have been banned because of it.  Anyways I reported that post and nothing came of it so I won't bother even discussing this anymore since the mods must be fine with it.  I really wish we had an ignore user button.

Smash_Brother said:
Legend11 said: How about growing up and laying off the insults?

Really?

F**k You. I was at midnight launch. P**s off If you dont like it. I was there and everyone was fine. I like Halo and it's community. You dont. BIG WOOP. Go play with your dress. 

Ill by the next game fo sure, they could easily inheit their Halo fans too, just a little TV advertising is all it would take.

Legend11 said:  I really wish we had an ignore user button.

Are you intentionally satirizing yourself?

selnor said: F**k You. I was at midnight launch. P**s off If you dont like it. I was there and everyone was fine. I like Halo and it's community. You dont. BIG WOOP. Go play with your dress. 

I'm envious that your midnight launch didn't contain the sheer number of degenerates that mine did. MOST of the people who showed up were rowdy, rude and obnoxious, especially to the Gamestop staff.

Simply put, I don't expect that ANY of these people will be able to follow Bungie in their efforts because they probably don't realize that MS isn't the one making Halo games.

I've been a Bungie fan since Pathways Into Darkness, and I think Bungie's best strategy here would be to stamp "From the makers of Halo" all over the next 20 projects of theirs. Anything short of that and it just won't work.

"I mean, c'mon, Viva Pinata, a game with massive marketing, didn't sell worth a damn to the "sophisticated" 360 audience, despite near-universal praise--is that a sign that 360 owners are a bunch of casual ignoramuses that can't get their heads around a 'gardening' sim? Of course not. So let's please stop trying to micro-analyze one game out of hundreds and using it as the poster child for why good, non-1st party, games can't sell on Wii. (Everyone frequenting this site knows this is nonsense, and yet some of you just can't let it go because it's the only scab you have left to pick at after all your other "Wii will phail1!!1" straw men arguments have been put to the torch.)" - exindguy on Boom Blocks